Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: LC: I this possible?

Here's the deal... You can NOT play 4-6 or 8 tables and be successful. It is just plain stupid and not profitable in the long run. Sometimes even 2 tables is too much. I play sit n go's exclusively. Usually $10-$20 range. It is not about how many tables you play at once or per day. If you have patience, play EXTREMELY TIGHT AGGRESSIVE and pay attention to others play, you will see a profit. If you are trying to make 3K per month , bankroll management also plays a major roll. You can play a couple sng's a day, earn a profit and have the rest of the day to yourself. You do not need to play 20hours a day. If you play 1 table at a time you can actually be more successful and show more profit at the end of the month. By playing less tourney's a day, you are saving the buy in and also increasing your chances of winning by playing a more sound game. If you make $100 a day over the course of a month you will have 3K.
Play until your up $100 on the day and then enjoy your life as a poker play and go do something that your freedom allows you to do.

Good luck
Old 11-23-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much play sit n go's exclusively. Mostly $5 and $10 tourney's.

I play sit n go's exclusively. Usually $10-$20 range

[/ QUOTE ]

Moved up already?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can NOT play 4-6 or 8 tables and be successful

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you can.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the deal... You can NOT play 4-6 or 8 tables and be successful. It is just plain stupid and not profitable in the long run. Sometimes even 2 tables is too much. I play sit n go's exclusively. Usually $10-$20 range. It is not about how many tables you play at once or per day. If you have patience, play EXTREMELY TIGHT AGGRESSIVE and pay attention to others play, you will see a profit. If you are trying to make 3K per month , bankroll management also plays a major roll. You can play a couple sng's a day, earn a profit and have the rest of the day to yourself. You do not need to play 20hours a day. If you play 1 table at a time you can actually be more successful and show more profit at the end of the month. By playing less tourney's a day, you are saving the buy in and also increasing your chances of winning by playing a more sound game. If you make $100 a day over the course of a month you will have 3K.
Play until your up $100 on the day and then enjoy your life as a poker play and go do something that your freedom allows you to do.

Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all total nonsense, just in case anyone reading was wondering.

Lots of trolls today for some reason.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:52 PM

no, your goal is totally impossible.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha yea I figured a month might be a bit quick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt 4 table until a year of playing SNGs. I never had to I guess, but I think it takes longer than people on this board think to develop the mechanics of playing these things in volume for a profit.

If you want my honest opinion. I think you should look for a job. I really think the only people who should even consider playing these for a living are those that are ALREADY making enough money playing so they know what they are capable of when switching to fulltime.

Short answer: If you have to ask, you're not ready.

p.s. I know I couldnt play them "comfortably" for 3k a month right now so I hope it doesnt sound like I am speaking down to you.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:03 PM

a wise person once told a stupid person i know the following:

You shouldn't consider being a professional actor unless you couldn't imagine yourself doing anything else in your life.

the stupid person i know was wise enough to realize this translated well to poker players.

c
Old 11-23-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a wise person once told a stupid person i know the following:

You shouldn't consider being a professional actor unless you couldn't imagine yourself doing anything else in your life.

the stupid person i know was wise enough to realize this translated well to poker players.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, there are a lot of poker players who want to go into acting...