Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Be a pro for one month

I am a college student who usually plays poker for extra cash during the school year. It beats a part time job. Anyways, I'm on winter break from now through the end of January. I have absolutely no obligations(job, school, etc.) and most of my old high school friends are not around for the break. So for the month of January, I will pretend that I am a "sng pro" and see how well I do.

I have never considered becoming a pro after I graduate and still do not intend to become one, even if I do well this month. I just think it would be interesting to see if I have the determination, endurance, and mental toughness required to be a pro.

I only have one monitor at my house right now so I will mostly be 4 tabling the 33s and 55s. I hope to play about 800-1000 games. The most I've ever played in one month before is 500, but I've never played full time before.

I'll post my results and observations at the end of January. Any other college students on break are welcome to join me in this. Post your comments, advice, encouragement, or odds that I quit half way through.