Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 01:48 AM

Default 2-4 NL KQo at 6max table

My first post here after some weeks of reading. I normally play 9/10handed fixed but want to improve my NL game to, so here goes

This is a hand I played earlier tonight and it brought
up a discussion afterwards with my friends who play NL
mostly

6max 2-4 NL

The game is pretty much normal, no spec reads on the players
in question. I´ve played pretty loose preflop so far when this hand comes up

UTG miniraises to 8, I call sitting to his left with the

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Folded to BB who calls, 3 players

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks and UTG bets 24 in a 26 dollar pot

I ended up folding with my friends standing beside me screaming, "CALL CALL, you have to CALL"

BB have 130 and UTG 150 infront of them, I cover them both

They feelt that if I call the bet and make my hand I have
a chance to bust UTG, but do they really have big enough stacks to consider that?

I think it´s more a re-raise/fold situation. Leaning to folding since 8 of my flush outs are´nt to the nuts. If I make a big re-raise I have the chance of winning a pretty decent pot without a fight and if called almost an even money situation if UTG has an A. If UTG was protecting an A, I think I can get him to fold often enough to make money. The only hand I would be terrified to see is the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with any pair/K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q and against AT or 2pair I´m about 3to2 dog. A set about 2to1. That with the possibility of BB coming to life, reducing my chances if winning without a showdown, made me fold my hand

Right or wrong?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: 2-4 NL KQo at 6max table

Wrong forum, really sorry about that.. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 2-4 NL KQo at 6max table

This is actually a limit forum...I'm sure you'd get more/better responses posting in NL.

I'm no expert in NL, but wouldn't it stand to reason that UTG would bet far less if he's holding K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], especially if he also paired the A? You still have to worry about BB plotting a c/r, but I tend to think that your club outs are clean most of the time. Tack on 3 more outs to the T, and you've almost certainly got 12 clean outs to a win.

Of course, even 12 outs is only about 3:1 to come by the river, so calling is a bad idea unless you're sure that BB will overcall, which you obviously aren't without a read on him. So I think this becomes a case of either pushing and hoping to take the pot down now, or folding.

Even with UTG's play not being consistent with holding the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'm more inclined to let him have this one.