Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2004, 09:20 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Sometimes you just get outplayed.

Not sure how much there is to discuss on this one, but i thought i'd throw it out there. I thought it was kind of interesting.

Great 10-20 at mucks. Getting a cramped ass after about 9+ hours of sitting there spinning my wheels.

Loose limper (EP) limps. Next in, I raise my AKs. Folded to LP who calls, BB calls as does the limper and me.

FLOP K Q x rainbow

I open, LP raises rather confidently, folded to me, i call. My little sense is tingling. My first thought is KQ, but then again, maybe a free card play. The table has been playing kind of tight when raising me. This player i one of the more solid players of the opponents.

Turn blank.

I bet. LP gets a 'wtf?' look on his face. hmm. I guess he isnt drawing. He calls. I dont think he has 2 pair, or a set at this point, obviously. I haven't seen this look too often so im not too sure what it is. Very interesting reaction. Looking back, i think it can be obvious what he has. Especially once you add in how confident his flop raise was. I miss it though, and file it away for later notes.

River A

I bet, LP raises, I call not expecting to win. This is one where i'm sure i'm beat, but i'm not sure what is beating me which is why i'm calling. I want to see what he was reacting to on the turn.

RESULTS in white technicolor:
<font color="white"> LP had AA. "Ouch!" says my chipstack. </font>

b