Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:58 AM

Default weird KK line

i took this line w/a player I've never played w/before.

we're playing 5-5NL live and it's getting late into the night so players aren't gambling as much. So far, villain is playing straight forward and I am driving 90% of the action. I am running good and playing good. I am playing fast but nobody has caught me bluffing.

5-5NL live, 6 handed.
Villain (MP): $1100
me: covers

I make it $35 w/red KK up front. MP, button, and BB call.

Flop: ($145) Ac-Qh-3d
checked to villain who bets $100, folded to me, i call quickly.

Turn($345): 9c. I lead for $250 planning to push on the river if he calls. But fold to a turn raise.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: weird KK line

Villian is playing straight-forward. So he has an ace or better. Now despite having been playing really fast you want to convince him that his hand is no good?

Good luck.

Fold the flop, move on. Your other option is to make a continuation bet and shut down if called. But with 3 callers I'm not looking to spew any more chips with kings on an ace high board.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:13 PM

i think i shold've check-raised this flop instead of a stop and go.

BTW, when i lead the turn he said "jesus" and folded fast. Most likely a queen.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:19 PM

I'm not really sure what your representing here...I really don't know if an ace folds here. Do you really think he would fold AK here? AJ? Would he fold those hands to a blank river?

Furthermore, would he really raise top two or a set here, knowing that your stop-and-go basically guarantees another bullet on the river that he could then raise (or call if it was a push).
Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure what your representing here...I really don't know if an ace folds here. Do you really think he would fold AK here? AJ? Would he fold those hands to a blank river?

Furthermore, would he really raise top two or a set here, knowing that your stop-and-go basically guarantees another bullet on the river that he could then raise (or call if it was a push).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree so much. So many people get SO caught up in the fac t that they have KK, and will try to get AJ etc. to fold on ace high flops. This is negative EV. Check/fold flop and move on.