Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Was this ruling good? (Bay101Live Tourney)

Bay101 Tuesday, 10/18 – ($50 buy in, $20 R/A) 94 players, 260 rebuys, 90 add-ons.

There’s about 21 players left, spread across 3 tables. I’ve been playing pretty tight, showing down good cards. I just recently lost half my stack when my AQo got sucked out by A9s (caught the 9 on the flop). I have about t8,000 which is a little less than average at this table.

Blinds are 300/600. I pick up black 7’s in MP. Folded to me and I open raise to t1800. A lot of quick folds, blinds folds and the dealer pushes the pot to me. I muck.

Right then, the button goes “Whoa, whoa, whoa…I’m still live.” He holds up his hold cards and claims that the pot is his because I mucked. I say, “BS, the dealer pushed me the pot. I didn’t muck until after the hand was awarded.” Lots of arguing back and forth and the TD is called over.

The dealer tells Lloyd what happened and he fishes my cards from the muck. Button gripes that my cards are dead as soon as they hit the muck. I gripe that his cards are dead cause button didn’t take any action…he didn’t verbally call or raise, or physically move any chips forward.

Lloyd asks me what my cards were and I whisper pockets sevens in his ear. TD declares the action is still live and the button begrudgingly calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot is t4,500).

I push the rest of my chips in hoping he has Ace. I have him covered
but he quickly calls and turns over K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Turn and river are bricks and I almost double up with my set.

Button is pissed and complains to TD. Dealer pushes me my chips and apologizes to me. I say no problem, that was beautiful flop.

Although it worked out for me, I am wondering whether that ruling was good. Should either button or my hand have been killed rather than continue play?

BTW – Call me bubble boy. I go card dead, have to make big lay downs (raised and reraised in front of my pocket 10’s. I would have flopped a set but JJ made his on set on the turn), and get blinded out in 12th when blinds were 2000/4000. Meh.

Thanks, John