Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

Moderating is about managing people, not about being a good poker player. Obviously at some point poker knowledge helps, but being able to lay down the law and let people not hate you at the same time helps a lot.

Poker knowledge is probably most important just in terms of getting the respect of the other posters.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Poker knowledge is probably most important just in terms of getting the respect of the other posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought as well. There has been a worry from future SSHUSHers that the atmosphere at the new SSHUSH wont be like the current HUSH, so having a solid strategy-posting HUSHer as a 2nd mod (while of course being patient + competent when it comes to managing ppl) would be best IMHO.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids is obviously also a solid poster. Is he better for the job than Josh.? I'm not so sure. Should he be "saved" for a HU forum? Eh, that forum may never come to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah these are my thoughts as well. I think Josh. would be a better MHUSH moderator because of the amazing amount of time he spends on the HUSH forum. Schneids has said he'll post regularly in MHUSH but Josh. has a track record of greater consistency. Also, as you said Schneids would be the quintissential HU moderator if that forum does indeed come to be at some point.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 PM

Good post. I'll back Josh. for MHSH mod, and Schneids will get HUT, should that come to be.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:27 PM

I don't agree with this idea of not giving Schneids moderator power on MHHUSH because of the possibility of a HUT forum someday being created. We all saw how long it took before MHHUSH was created despite popular demand (actually we haven't seen that since it still doesn't exist). If we make him a moderator for MHHUSH now and then someday HUT is created, it is trivial to have him be the moderator there and possiblity assign a new MHHUSH moderator. I don't see why this is such a big deal that it should stop us from making Schneids a mod for MHHUSH right now. He clearly wants it. I think he deserves it. It will lead to him posting more and spending more time there which is what everyone in the HUSH community wants.

Sthief should definitely be a mod somewhere (possibly also MHHUSH), but I think that Schneids must be a MHHUSH mod no matter what.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:34 PM

TStoneMBD would be an excellent moderator.

I agress with Matt that Jaxup would also do a fine job.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:46 PM

Default To all the names mentioned in this thread

Are we sure all of them want the job and/or can commit the time required for it?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:58 PM

The point that Schneids being a mod will also encourage him to post more is a good one that I hadn't considered.

Hm...

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

[ QUOTE ]
Are we sure all of them want the job and/or can commit the time required for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Josh. and Schneids have made it clear that they are interested. Josh. spends all day on 2+2 anyway, so why not have him keep a forum clean? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As I said before, Schneids isn't as consistent a presence but making him a mod might change that. He actually started a poll in HUSH about "MUSH Mod" and the only candidate in the poll was himself.

Surf

Edit: I also think it wouldn't be a big deal to have Me, Josh., and Schneids all be mods of MHUSH - it's certainly not going to get "over-moderated" it'll just be more likely that one of us will be actively browsing the forum at any given point.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: To all the names mentioned in this thread

Eh, I guess we could make you, Schneids and Josh. all MUSH mods. Then, if we make a HUT, we can just move Schneids over there. Having 3 mods isn't at the point of all chiefs and no braves, I suppose.

Who do we want to take the helm of Mid and Higher? Dcifrthis for higher, but will he have a cohort? What about for Suggestions?