Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need to write some articles on sit and gos

[ QUOTE ]
I concur to a degree. Your real gain is being published, because someday 8-tabling will not be profitable, but having a career in the media will be.

So, take one of two approaches:

1 - Give them the absolute basics, and bore them to death with topics like where to play, how to start, and ROIs of good players.

2 - Get overly detailed on them and make their head hurt, so they stop reading and/or get so lost that they are actually hindered by the knowledge.

Or the third obvious approach: write and write and write about it. Give out this website and this forum. Refer to HOH and HOH2. You'll make our nightmare come true by flooding the market with basic strategy players. Then you'll laugh all the way to the bank when you publish your book titled "Beating the 2+2 Basic SNG Strategy".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not write a high quality piece and start building a reputation as a good poker author? The games won't get any tougher regardless. Limit holdem isn't that much tougher since HPFAP came out.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:24 PM

Ill suppose u will focus ure strategy artciles on low buy-ins NLHE SNG.
Early SNG: in sngs hands like KJo, yaddy,yadda.
Late SNGS: plz tell them to stop calling me with J6 because I push too much.( and I mean it, no joke..tell them its not worth it), tell them betting> limping > mini-raising> CALLING.
Put emphasis on the limping and mini-raising.
Heads-up: well, that would really improve their game.

Tell them with a story maybe...
Well Joe had this problem, ppl would always get lucky with him heads-up. " Its not fair I wait for a good hand like A9 and I only win like half of the time, I hate those fishes"..huge would be Joes surprise when he would find out HE WAS the fish..etc.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM

Focus on bubble play.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the FAQ stuff might be good for one article - what is ROI? How much can I expect? BR? Difference between sites? Variance, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. These basics are great for an article and won't effect your real poker $/hr. This is what I would write about in your shoes, I can't stress how much I like the idea [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]