Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: What\'s With This DERB?

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a good reason to believe that his results are legitmate? Even if he is not colluding, could he perhaps be having chips dumped to him for sime reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

those that play in these games have no reason to suspect that chips are being dumped. these are also the games that people mine. it could easily be shown (by those w/ the databases) that the biggest losers in the game are not from ljubljana and are losing money to others as well at a similar, albeit smaller rate.

further, this player has creamed every single limit game that he/she has played (not sure its a guy or girl so just call it he). and to add to the non-coincidental evidence, ljubljana is a city in slovenia in which both Abdul Jahlib and Izmet Fekali reside, and where they conduct research.

these factors have led me to believe that the plays that we see (and ive seen) that appear to be spews are indeed -EV, but that overall, the action generated on greater hands vs. lesser observant opponents who cap 3rd pair vs. DERB outweigh these losses in EV.

i can't tell you 100% that DERB is a winning overall player and not a lottery winner. but id lay you some serious odds. id say pretty safely that at this point id lay 9:1 odds DERB has come accross a winning strategy that is not outlined by traditional poker theory.

Barron
Old 11-06-2005, 10:40 PM

cap 3rd pair on which street? from the plays i've seen, for him to be capitalizing on his advertising, he would need people to cap losing hands on the turn...which i haven't noticed. no thinking player would do this even against a maniac. hes an anomoly or a cheater. waht better pLAce to run a hi-tech cheating ring than llubijinai (whatever)
Old 11-06-2005, 10:47 PM

he was an abortion
Old 11-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Perhaps he has some knowledge of other people's hole cards, and protects that knowledge by only using it some of the time?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Some suggestions:

1. Get Abdul-Jalib back on 2+2.
2. Observe the games he/she plays in. Get stats, and take notes on the plays made.
3. If this strategy is indeed a success, 2+2 Publishing
should commission a book on this revolutionary new way to win at poker! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he has some knowledge of other people's hole cards, and protects that knowledge by only using it some of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's smart enough to have figured a way to cheat like this, no way he'd be stupid enoug to be playing on the same account this whole time. Especially when he's garnered this much attention.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a good reason to believe that his results are legitmate? Even if he is not colluding, could he perhaps be having chips dumped to him for sime reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He's just good and the reasons are quite simple in my view. In a nutahell, his image wins him more bets than his occasional questionable decisions loses him. He plays a style that most 2+2 TAG-types don't know how to exploit properly (and still beats the true fish).
Old 11-06-2005, 11:28 PM

Default or wait...

...he could also be getting better. how do his stats now relate to when he was "discovered".

i say this because a friend of mine started out w/ horrendous stats and won a moutain at the 10-20 6 handed and has since gotten much better and his stats have chnged dramatically but he still gets mucho action.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: or wait...

[ QUOTE ]
...he could also be getting better. how do his stats now relate to when he was "discovered".

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically the same.

I posted this earlier or in the other thread, he doesn't appear to get that much excessive action - his avg. BB's won per hand is right in line with the 2+2 style. The difference is, he's playing almost twice as many hands, so he can win almost twice as much.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:40 PM

There isn't any information in this thread that you couldn't have gotten by reading the other threads. Aren't duplicate threads supposed to be deleted?

-Michael