Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 PM

Default TT, 2 pair & an overcard on board

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets.

1) Shoud I have called the turn?
2) Getting 11:1, do I call now?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: TT, 2 pair & an overcard on board

Check-fold the turn.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:27 AM

your hand is worthless on the river-fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:02 AM

I'm not betting this flop into 5ppl

SB doesn't have a 3 very often here(some players are very straight forward with trips like this, but most c/r the turn here if they have a 3), so he likely has something like a A7, a diamond draw or a K(prob weak kicker)

7.5/1 is decent odds but, you also have to worry about MP1 here

I'm thinking if you want to continue on the turn, that raising is better.. planning to fold to a 3bet, or check behind on the river
Old 08-10-2005, 02:45 AM

I'd think about betting with KK to an A-high flop, and probably would check/fold anyway. Betting with TT is worse, because there are a lot more overcards possibly to come. Betting flop will not scare people away, and turn just showed you're most probably beat.

Check/fold flop. And definitely don't call the turn, unless you have a good read on the aggressor.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:16 AM

I would have waited until the Turn to see if my hand improved. Board pairing 3's indeed did not help you, and most of the time I would have folded here.

But if I did stick around for an extra bet I would definatly check fold that river.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:33 AM

check/fold or check/raise the flop depending on the action.

Turn: Generally fold here unless you have decent reads on your opponents. If you feel that its hard to let go of the pocket pair raise the turn instead of calling.

Raising is better than calling here since it could be that
SB is betting out an aquired flush draw or is just trying to bluff (not many hands you would call a PFR from SB containing a 3, Only A3s really). Raising in this spot could then drive out MP1 if he has a K with bad kicker and give you a free show down.

If SB reraises turn you fold.
If SB calls and bets out the river again fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:33 AM

hmm...i'm interested in the results (just because i like to be result oriented [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

i wonder about the flop bet. we want any J/Q/weak Aces to fold and we have the BDFD. other than the flush draw, the board isn't horrible.

the turn: i think SB is junk and is betting a flush draw on a scare card turn. but MP1 has me concerned sadly he could simply be on a flush draw. i hate the raising opinion because he isn't laying down top pair or the flush draw, so we really get no idea what he has when he calls.

the river: i still think SB is junk, but MP1 still makes me wonder. i'd hate to lay this down in a big pot since i think SB is junk and the pot is big.

i don't know, i think i spew chips on these hands and call down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2005, 07:58 AM

Not sure how you can get away from this on the turn, but I'm fairly sure SB has you beat by the river, so I'd say it would be safe to fold.