Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:03 PM

Default $1,000,000.00 For Best Advice.

..paid in party points.

CO is my favorite type of player. Loose caller, with high raising standards, something like 45/5. BB is a SLAG. , and my imagine is one of LAAAG.

PP 6man $100nl
Stacks are all even within $5.

Co raises to $4. I put him on high PP plus AK, AQs based on my read. BB calls. I call in BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], knowing I can trap CO if i hit nice flop.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I lead for $5 to induce the reraise from CO. He follows suit and raises to $15 BB calls ( I think draw) and I push ($70 into $50-ish pot)....How is Hero's Line?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: $1,000,000.00 For Best Advice.

its a pot sized re raise with top 2. im not sure what u were looking for with this one, im getting it all in on this flop like always so ill take my million in full...
Old 11-06-2005, 02:41 PM

c/r turn
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Um, I'm confused. You refer toanother player as the BB a couple times, yet you call yourself the BB. If you clear that up, I can give you my opinion, because your position is very important here.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM

You should be slightly overbetting this flop. If he has AK, so be it, if he has a big pair leading small is going to let him possibly get away from it.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:05 PM

Fold preflop, if he has high standards you're hand is dominated. If you're going by the trapping logic you might as well call with 2/7o and hope for the best.

I don't really play 6max but if you ask me it looks like you might be ahead. I doubt he would have 9/10s, if he has you beat it is probably with a set, I could see JJ raising, and maybe 88 or 77. JJ and 77 seems unlikely because you have a pair of each already. The other possibility is a A/J of hearts, in which case it is pretty close.

The only thing I see calling you that you beat is an overpair or A/Js and maybe a flush draw with two over cards.

The push isn't a bad idea to steal the pot and take a chance at doubling up, it does looke like you're ahead.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:10 PM

I agree. J7 suited is not a trapping hand and what else are you really hoping for with it other than flopping two pair or trips. You likely will not see a spade draw cheap, straight is unlikely, and you are OOP. Fold preflop and it isn't close. As played, lead more on the flop. For an attentive player, when someone leads out small, gets reraised and then pushes, I immediately think monster. Lead for more, make it look like your protecting your hand and let him commit with an overpair.