Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Those who said other nations won\'t help out.

To those who offered services, I can see why we would tell them to wait and see if we need it. The problem isn't that we don't have provisions, it is getting them to the people who need them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't appreciate the offers.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM

If you guys had ever organized more than just your own thoughts (even that's up for debate) you would realize the difficulty of just "accepting" help.

What if the U.S. just gave the green light for every country in the world to send immediate "help" to NO, LA, and surrounding areas.

It would be chaos and obviously add to the confussion and fustration of those already in place.

In an area of mass destruction where basic needs are not being met... every new person, "expert", or volunteer adds a new mouth to feed, shelter, and provide waste areas for. This will in turn put a further strain on the limited available resources.

Think people... think.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:55 PM

I greatly appreciate the help of other countries... I hope we can continue to rely on those who actually want to help .
Old 09-03-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you guys had ever organized more than just your own thoughts (even that's up for debate) you would realize the difficulty of just "accepting" help.

What if the U.S. just gave the green light for every country in the world to send immediate "help" to NO, LA, and surrounding areas.

It would be chaos and obviously add to the confussion and fustration of those already in place.

In an area of mass destruction where basic needs are not being met... every new person, "expert", or volunteer adds a new mouth to feed, shelter, and provide waste areas for. This will in turn put a further strain on the limited available resources.

Think people... think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Don't implying that the US should accept any help. Clogged airports have been a big problem at some natural disasters. Still I think it could be possible to designate certain areas to be the responsibility of other governments since the government seems overstretched.