Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Red Dragon (new N. Seattle room) trip review.

Hi,

Made the trip up to the Red Dragon last night. It's located at Highway 99 and 220th Street. The pokerroom is on the second floor which is sort of an open "loft", and provides decent circulation for cigarette smoke. Naturally, tables and chips are crisp and new, and chairs were comfy (faux leather office chair types, with arm rests I believe).

When I got there, they had 1 game going, and 1 game forming, both 3/6. I talked to one of the dealers while waiting and he said they're trying to get more traffic and eventually open up a higher game, maybe 6/12.

The staff was a bit of a mess, maybe cause they're new. One dealer kept watching TV during the hand while waiting for decisions, another had conversations with a customer while also in a hand (not just regular table talk, but actual conversation, I think it was their friend). On occasions they would have on duty dealers play for one rotation between blinds, and even the floor joined in. Maybe they just wanted to keep the game full, but I thought that was odd. On the plus side, their cocktail waitresses were very nice to look at, and even one of the dealers was a hottie.

The play was tight passive in the beginning (started around 7 pm) but became progressively donktastic with gambooler types as the evening progressed. If I were to guess, maybe 1 or 2 there could beat Party 0.5/1, and certainly no one could beat 2/4. One guy was particularly bad, called down with everything, literally with things like 8 high. I don't think he knew how to read the board.

They have the regular $3 rake, plus a jackpot drop. They have a bad beat (quads beaten, around $5k), royal jackpots (around $1.5k for each suit), and small prizes for making a quad (pair in pocket, all less than $100). Play for a bit, and you'll also get a $8 food comp. The food was decent.

All in all, a good addition to the North Seattle stable, would definitely go again.