Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 11:15 PM

Default New Poker Prophecy warning from Party Poker

FYI,I uninstalled the software and have only been using the web based search.

Dear E,

We are committed to detecting and preventing prohibited software programs** which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such a program/website, namely Poker Prophecy. Please note that Partypoker.comýs Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs/websites in conjunction with our client, therefore we request that you immediately stop using the program/website.

In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs/websites we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account may be deemed forfeited.

Request you to see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,

Ethan Bolitar,
Investigations Team,
alerts@partypoker.com

** In this message, we have used the term ýprogramý in the functional senseýi.e., since the term is used in connection with defining a particular class of things (that we wish to forbid the use of by players while playing on PartyPoker) based on their function rather than on any other attributeýfor instance, based on whether they are formally classified as ýsoftwareý or not. Thus our use of the term program should be construed as broadly as possibleýto include (i) down-loadable programs (whether downloaded from a portable storage medium) or transfer via network connection (e.g., the Internet); and (ii) non-downloadable programs (not resident completely on the playerýs computer but accessed via e.g., the Internet).
Old 08-08-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: New Poker Prophecy warning from Party Poker

This is getting ridiculous. The software thing is one thing but not being able to look at a website while playing poker?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:02 AM

I emailed Prophecy and they said it might have something to do with the fact that I paste the results into notes. I know Party has the ability to scan your hard drive if they want to but it freaks me out that they might read my notes!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 AM

They could have scanned your cookies and temp internet folder.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 AM

Why would you still use it when you have been told not to?

Lori
Old 08-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Why do you care? I realise you aren't a big fan of PP but the fact remains that other people still use it. This was just a simple public service announcement.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:05 AM

How about you break the rules somewhere else.

I don't think 2+2 is here to help people work their way around poker sites terms and conditions.

You should not be using poker prophecy, and anyone who does runs the risk of having their money taken from them.

Anyone using it has an unfair edge of those of us who do not cheat, and therefore I care a lot about you trying to cheat me at the tables.

Go do your thieving somewhere else.

Lori
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about you break the rules somewhere else.

I don't think 2+2 is here to help people work their way around poker sites terms and conditions.

You should not be using poker prophecy, and anyone who does runs the risk of having their money taken from them.

Anyone using it has an unfair edge of those of us who do not cheat, and therefore I care a lot about you trying to cheat me at the tables.

Go do your thieving somewhere else.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the OP was asking for help "breaking the rules". He was just issuing a warning to others that they can flag your account for merely being at the website.

edit: As a sidenote, I have used the web search just out of curiousity. I've used it to check my stats and some of my friends' stats. I hardly feel as if I deserve to have my account flagged or frozen for this if party caught me using it.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 AM

lol, how is my post telling people to NOT use PP helping them break terms? If you seriously think its cheating you should be happy they are cracking down.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 AM

You were indirectly asking if not pasting the results into notes would get help you to get around the detection.

If this was not your intention, then I apologize, but it appeared to be a thread aimed at cirumventing their security.

You are correct. People should not use this program. By definition it is cheating as it is against the T+C. I would use it myself if it wasn't. (If it worked better might be another factor, but that's a different argument, and one that is now irrelevant)

Lori