Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 PM

Default AK hits rags

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

info i had on villian through 50 hands was
vp - 34
pf raise - 10
flop aggression - 2.6
turn - 6

only hands that i've seen him show were AQo and 55, he rarely goes to showdown but won both of them when he did.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Here I figured to knock out players behind me and isolate with position. It worked out but he 3 bet. I didn't have a great analysis of villian during the moment, but thought he probably hit a pair or had a higher pp.. may have hit a 2pair/set.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

turn doesn't help. but im getting 8:1 and can hit a 5, A, or K.... however i guess my A or K may not be good.. if all my outs are good.. should be a call.. my opponent seems to be super aggressive on the turn and passive on the river (of course this is only 50 hands) .. i call and hope to improve

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

fold.

Final Pot: 10 BB

anybody do anything different? is the flop raise good.. and turn call ok? any different takes.. or is there nothing to look at here...
Old 02-15-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: AK hits rags

I like it.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:33 PM

Well thought out.
Looks good to me.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:38 PM

I don't know if I would've raised on the flop, now that I think about it, a stab at it might seem likely, since I think he missed if he was holding overcards.

From your read of him I'd put him on medium pockets, and the bet on the river is probably the only inconsistency with that.

Its ok for me, had odds all the way.

P.S. I am newb, so is there anything wrong with my thinking?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:47 PM

I dont know.. i raised preflop.. and when sb bets into me.. a lot of the time i just see it as weakness.. because if he did flop a great hand.. he would have slow played or check raised or something.. because of this.. and because i have two overcards and a straight draw.. plus the fact that i raised preflop.. i wanted to protect my hand more.. the two limpers most likely missed and probably wouldn't want to deal with my aggression... so i try to isolate the small blind to have a better chance to win the pot.. plus i have position on him.. if i would have called.. the two limpers may have called on weak draws...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:44 AM

I like the flop raise. You have two big cards and you need to knock out all the drawing hands now before they are committed. You don't want someone to suckout a draw because you are hoping to improve to TPTK.

This happens a lot for me. Either everyone will fold to me because I play tight and show down big cards, or someone with a small-medium pair will bet/call and let me raise out everyone so he can get HU with me. If I get HU with someone with any smaller pair, it's pretty much a coinflip.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get HU with someone with any smaller pair, it's pretty much a coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

With two overcards after the flop you're actually way behind a pair but usually have pot odds to see at least one more card.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:11 AM

Am I the only one folding this turn?

With the 3-bet, I'm not quite sure my A's or K's are clean, and a 5 may very well split.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one folding this turn?

With the 3-bet, I'm not quite sure my A's or K's are clean, and a 5 may very well split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian's pretty aggro. I'm not given him credit for a set. It's close though and folding isn't bad.