Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: is betting in these situations bad?

I like it. I think that this play has value when you are in early enough position against maybe 2-3 opponents as long as they aren't too calling stationish. I disagree that checking the flop shows you don't have top pair as from early position a weak ace often checks as well. Also a lot of the time your hand is good here, if the 2 guys after u had the ace, they would have bet the flop, if the sb had the ace he would have bet the turn after the flop checked through. if you get resistance obviously you check it down but i like the bet.

Edit: I just read the other replies and I think betting the flop here is horrible (even with an ace with weak kicker with that many left to act - which is largely why i like the turn bet) and I still think betting the turn is correct.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 PM

easy call if the raise is that small. proabbly easy fold if its a lot bigger. you're beating his pair of 6s, 2s, busted straights, and naked donk bluffs.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:30 PM

Yes i don't understand why anybody want to bet at this flop. Betting on the turn seems like the line i would normally take. What do you think about check-calling the river?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes i don't understand why anybody want to bet at this flop. Betting on the turn seems like the line i would normally take. What do you think about check-calling the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like check/calling the river a lot. By calling the turn, villain may have something like QhJh, or some other type of flush or straight draw. If villain was on a draw, he will fold if you bet on the river. At least if you check it, villain may try to bluff at the pot.

As to this hand, it looks like on this board, with the check on the flop, you are probably only getting raised on the river by a better T.