Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Vince Lepore/Smoothcall boycott thread.

First off- I'm doing this for all of you who actually value this WPT forum. Personally, I think it's basically a worthless piece of crap, with a few exceptions, but generally as a rule I'm right. This is to help you guys who care about it.

Here's the deal. Everyone who thinks VLP/SC are trolls, idiots, whatever, don't reply or post new threads about them. Just sign the dotted line in this thread and promise not to respond. So many of you detest him, so I expect you to do something about it.

I'll start. I'm not responding to him. Ever.

<font color="white"> ever </font>
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Vince Lepore/Smoothcall boycott thread.

I am sure vince gets hours of fun out of maknig those nits dance to his tune.

STOP THE INSANITY!
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 PM

ok, good. Beavis68 will no longer reply to him, start threads about him, or talk about him. 1 person so far.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:04 AM

ah well, duh...no [censored]

I've been blocking Vince, Vincent, and Smoothcall for weeks - It's weird - it's like he fell off the wagon or something and went back to heavy boozing - lotsa brain damage there, me thinks

RB
Old 05-07-2005, 12:11 AM

Hi Everyone:

Enough.

All this stuff is ruining this forum. Everyone here should get off the personalities of the posters and concentrate on the subject at hand, The World Poker Tour and other Televised Tournaments. If you can't do this, then it might be best for some of you to concentrate your energies on one or two of our other forums for a couple of days.

Thanks and best wishes,

Mason
Old 05-07-2005, 12:34 AM

If Mat can't even ban someone for PMing unsolicitied profanities, not too sure what Mason will accomplish here.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Enough.

All this stuff is ruining this forum. Everyone here should get off the personalities of the posters and concentrate on the subject at hand, The World Poker Tour and other Televised Tournaments. If you can't do this, then it might be best for some of you to concentrate your energies on one or two of our other forums for a couple of days.

Thanks and best wishes,

Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually suprised this hasn't been addressed by the Mods/Admins here. I help moderate one of the largest forums on the web and I've seen this thing time and time again, it's a detriment to the forum and it's members.

Obviously Mason, David, etc. know something we don't or I suspect they'd want to protect what's been built here, at least I hope they care!

It's sad, 'cause this sort of thing will drive people away, slow down new memberships and cause the people that actually contribute "real" information to the forum to stop doing so....I honestly hope the owners have a grip on what's actually taking place and what the potential (already occuring) issues are.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I help moderate one of the largest forums on the web and I've seen this thing time and time again, it's a detriment to the forum and it's members.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean vincecall, or the response to vincecall?

They should just ban them.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 PM

If you want to fix the problem, then fix it. You have a poster, questionably 2 posters, that continuously bump each other's threads to the main page of this forum, that arguably gets on the nerves of the majority of the people here.

This same person(people?) lists you as one of those that unquestionably knows they are indeed 2 seperate people. Back them up, or this crap is going to continue as long as you allow them to start threads consisting of "Obvious Attention Begging, why is this really true!"

This forum is being ruined due to lack of moderation of 2 names, and a handful of others too immature to address the names properly.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:27 PM

This is exactly what I think MG. I think Mason and Sklansky are pretty great poker minds, but when it comes down to knowing good publicity from bad they simply dont have a clue. For now, the posts are going to continue, and lots of traffic will be hitting this forum, but sooner than later, Vince/Smoothcall will win, and people will simply stop coming. By the time this happens, taking action will simply be too little too late.