Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Humorous (??) MTT Tonite

This one is easy on the brain, I promise. I thought it was kind of funny.

Today I entered a MTT but never got connected to my table I could see every other table in the tournament, but when it came to mine all I saw was the "connecting to table ...." line over and over and over.

Despite my best efforts with customer support I never was able to get connected to my game and had to sit there an watch while my stack got blinded down to zero over the next hour and forty five minutes.

The MTT started with about 150 runners. By the time my stack was blinded out, I finished in 41st place. So by doing absolutely nothing folding every hand, I "outplayed" about 70% of the field. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (not really of course)

Not that I want to scoff at the poker gods or anything 'cuz I've been on a great run after a lengthy slump, but I thought that was absolutely hilarious.

It sort of makes me wonder (theoretically of course) that if one did nothing but fold, is there any chance at making the money. Or hypothetically, if one only played the strongest hands up to the cut line, would it be relatively simple to make basic money in the majority of tournaments entered?

It also makes we wonder about how costly player's mistakes really are and if players realize that or not.

(For what it's worth, I ended up requesting and getting a refund so no biggie there)
Old 12-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Humorous (??) MTT Tonite

The play at the bubble takes much more time, so you were nowhere close to be in the money (unless the 20% schedule of Stars).

I'm surprised you played 1h45 mins, I would have thought a little more than 1 hour, but nowhere around 1h45!

I have seen that in a Sit n Go 9 people one time - never play but make the money!