Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Earrings on small children

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

I'm tempted to say most women, atleast the ones I have talked to about this. This is actually a pretty common disagreement between men and women. Perhaos there are some underlying power issues dealing with child rearing at play.

[/ QUOTE ]

its b/c we were "little girls" once...and we know what kind of things they love. To dress up, have jewelry, wear makeup....not ALL the time but sometimes...i see nothing wrong with allowing her pierced ears

[/ QUOTE ]

not if you want to keep on having society portray women the way it has been

[/ QUOTE ]

the way society has portrayed woman has been the same for 1000s and 1000s and 1000s of years...in my life time this will not change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pity you didn't do Sociology at University, but then again who has the time with all the law and medicine you were studying.

[/ QUOTE ]

uuummm i took sociology, social psyc, social biology...im gettin a PhD in PHYCHOLOGY....one of my main undergrad papers was on women throughout history....what are u talking about?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bullshit Peachy you are a liar.

If you had really taken Sociology you'd know how deep and broad the issues of gender and identity are, not only for women but also for men.

2+2 wannabe is right, you are a troll, and I stand behind my original statement that [censored] should ban you.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is bullshit Peachy you are a liar.

If you had really taken Sociology you'd know how deep and broad the issues of gender and identity are, not only for women but also for men.

2+2 wannabe is right, you are a troll, and I stand behind my original statement that [censored] should ban you.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are u talking about!??!?! i stated how womens roles were the same in society for 1000s of years and u talk about issues with gender and identity?? HOW IS THAT RELEVANT HERE!! haha im in 500 lvl psych classes...i THINK id know what i was talking about! What u said has no RELEVANCE NONE to what i stated about my place in soceity as a woman in our current day and age....please elobarate

would be pasting my transcript here make u feel like ur dick was a lil bigger?

im talking HISTORY here...not even psychology....but we can talk that if u want...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:46 AM

500 lvl, oh my!

I'm sorry, I have to step on this one...because you are blowing your cover. You have convinced folks for some time that you are not a troll, and I'd be really disappointed if they caught on.

So step back---the "peachy" these guys believe in may be rock-stupid, but s/he doesn't think that "gender" is a) a static, transhistorical ontologically existant identity, b) unrelated to "society," especially a particularly erroneous rearward projection of said "society." Please keep your cover.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:49 AM

WTF are u talking about!??!?! i stated how womens roles were the same in society for 1000s of years and u talk about issues with gender and identity?? HOW IS THAT RELEVANT HERE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You said:

the way society has portrayed woman has been the same for 1000s and 1000s and 1000s of years...in my life time this will not change.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you would have passed an introduction to Sociology, let alone be well versed in it. You would know how gender and identity have had dramatic changes on men and women in the postmodern society, yet to you women are still living in the dark ages, and feminism never happened.

Yet, I suppose the "trailer park world" is far removed from civilization isn't it?

haha im in 500 lvl psych classes...i THINK id know what i was talking about!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in 5th level psych ward.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WTF are u talking about!??!?! i stated how womens roles were the same in society for 1000s of years and u talk about issues with gender and identity?? HOW IS THAT RELEVANT HERE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way you would have passed an introduction to Sociology, let alone be well versed in it. You would know how gender and identity have had dramatic changes on men and women in the postmodern society, yet to you women are still living in the dark ages, and feminism never happened.

Yet, I suppose the "trailer park world" is far removed from civilization isn't it?

[ QUOTE ]

haha im in 500 lvl psych classes...i THINK id know what i was talking about!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in 5th level psych ward.

[/ QUOTE ]

the issue im an talking about that WILL NOT CHANGE IN MY LIFE TIME - is the WAY in which women are viewed...he said that i was the reason for societies views of women etc etc. For 1000s of years the views of women have being nothing high - property, sex slaves, money, etc etc. We are still seen negative even TODAY - sluts, money hungry, using sex to get what we want. This will NOT change anytime soon, and me piericing my daughters or not doing this WONT change society or its views. How can what i said be even attacked or my "academic standing" be questioned?!?! PLEASE!

The way women are viewed WILL NEVER BE CHANGED, its programmed into us, women bear children - they need care - men control us getting pregant (we need sperm last time i checked), we marry men - they somewhat provide for us, YES u have a few cases of totally independent self reliant women, but as a SOCIETY women are still seen in the same light as ALWAYS - something to fuk, own, and show off

i stated NOTHING about gender and idenity in my statement which u pulled our yourself and attacked...i stated a PERCEPTION that WONT change...

i dont live in a dark age...i do what i want and dont rely on "men", yes i might be hindered in a CORPORATE world, etc but boo hoo ill get over it and climb as high as i can go in whatever i do....so no darling...we arent stuck there...but societal views of women still are...and it WONT CHANGE in my life time
Old 10-12-2005, 03:10 AM

the issue im an talking about that WILL NOT CHANGE IN MY LIFE TIME - is the WAY in which women are viewed...he said that i was the reason for societies views of women etc etc. For 1000s of years the views of women have being nothing high - property, sex slaves, money, etc etc. We are still seen negative even TODAY - sluts, money hungry, using sex to get what we want. This will NOT change anytime soon, and me piericing my daughters or not doing this WONT change society or its views. How can what i said be even attacked or my "academic standing" be questioned?!?! PLEASE!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so apparent that you are a troll now, I'm not even wasting time on you peachy. Have your fun, if this is how you like to spend your time, so be it, but I won't entertain you.

The way women are viewed WILL NEVER BE CHANGED, its programmed into us, women bear children - they need care - men control us getting pregant (we need sperm last time i checked), we marry men - they somewhat provide for us, YES u have a few cases of totally independent self reliant women, but as a SOCIETY women are still seen in the same light as ALWAYS - something to fuk, own, and show off

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much wrong with this paragraph from a sociological P.O.V that I can't even begin to start. All I will say is that your view of women in society does not use your 'sociological immagination' and more closely resembles the biased view of an uneducated female commoner.

Cheers peachy, I don't hate you, but if [censored] is serious about cleaning up OOT, he has to start with trolls like you IMHO.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 AM

its sad that thier are close minded/oblivious people in the world like u...its people that didnt understand my point that will forever keep our society in the place it has always been - what i said made perfect sense...but i guess it is just typing...who knows u may have missed the point - either that or most of u are pretty dense - or so wrapped up in attacking me b/c of the person u think i am that u skip in logical thing i say and go off on a tangent about something that i never implied...im used to it by now
Old 10-12-2005, 03:36 AM

Every time I hear the word "postmodern," particularly in the context of a social science, I get the urge to hit something.

What's that say about me?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 AM

When you say things like, "I've never made a mistake,” how do you expect people not to think you're a moron?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:41 AM

when i was in college i volunteered for junior achievement as a teacher for nearby elementary schools and would go give one hour lessons five times to a class throughout a one month period. i taught a 4th grade class once and there were more boys with earrings than girls. quite a shock.