Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: ($22) TT as overcards

I've been going back-and-forth between Sammy's and notmyusername's line with TT in early position and early in the game. Depending on the game and my mood at the time, I might even play JJ in early position like this based on a lot of discussion here on STTF. When I first heard people were limping with JJ, I thought it was a joke [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I guarantee you I would not limp with JJ or TT two levels from now.

As for the turn, I was wondering if a push is too much, or because it is a 6, don't push into a potentially made hand and lead with 3/4 pot or so. On the turn villian is left with ~450 and the pot is ~400. Do you "entice" a call by leaving him with half his stack, or just push it all in?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: ($22) TT as overcards

What SammyKid11 said. Raise preflop.

I think you're up against an OESD, a paired 8, or both. Maybe 99 or 77 (or the nightmare, a set).

I'd say bet half his stack on the turn, but if you know you're calling if he pushes, then just push first.