Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Insta call this allin?

400nl 6max on party. I was sick and playing too agressivly for anyones sake, getting paid off whenever I had an overpair and the like. But im also paying off a bit too much, not playing my A game. Opponent is ok, a bit fishy, standard crappy party player. He either makes a real raise like to 15 or he min raises to 8. Both times he min raised and showed the hand down it was a weak ace, like A8 offsuit. One of his normal raises got shown down and it was AQ. Because of this, iv been coming overthetop of his min raises to steal the calls, its worked twice before.

So villan UTG (450, I cover) makes it 8, call, fold,I come overthetop from the BB making it 40. Villan calls, limper folds.

Flop comes 555 suited (do I have to say no flush draws?)
I lead for 50 into the 85 pot. Villan goes allin, its about 360 more to call.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Insta call this allin?

Your hand is of some importance.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 AM

You have..?

Also, could he have cought on that you have been punishing his minraises and minraised with a much stronger hand this time? I think it is very possible that he isn't just mad you are punishing him, but he has infact trapped you.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 AM

LOL, my hand is 88, my bad
Old 12-14-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have..?

Also, could he have cought on that you have been punishing his minraises and minraised with a much stronger hand this time? I think it is very possible that he isn't just mad you are punishing him, but he has infact trapped you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you give bad players too much credit. But I didnt even think of that, maybe you are right.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 AM

I probably fold here. But I wouldnt like it very much.. way ahead, little ahead or way behind, might be drawing dead against the case 5 (not a very likely holding though).
Old 12-14-2005, 11:47 AM

Standard crappy party players are good at picking up on level 1 patterns like this one. "He has raised my minraise twice now. I have AA. I will minraise. As expected, Mr LAG hammers me. I call. Good flop. I'm all in because I am overeager to get my chips in when I have a hand like this, because I am the average crappy party player."

Of course it may be "$%^& THIS GUY, I WON'T BE PUSHED AROUND, IM ALL IN", but I hear NL players are usually very gutless when it comes to sliding their stack in. Until proven otherwise, of course.

Given this, you gotta be the judge as to which route this particular standard crappy party player was more likely to have taken.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Little ahead? Im either drawing to 1 out, 0 outs, hes drawing dead to quads, or he's drawing at 6 outs. All the options are way.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably fold here. But I wouldnt like it very much.. way ahead, little ahead or way behind, might be drawing dead against the case 5 (not a very likely holding though).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Party players never have the case 5 here. They almost always have a pair that they think they need to protect. The question is whether or not its higher than th OP's. If its likely he'd raise more preflop with TT+, I'd call but I think a fold is probably best.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:18 PM

since you played the hand this way because of your read (minraise=weakish hand), then i think you have to call. he probably has 33 (OMG I HAV A BOAT!!1!).

EDIT: he didn't see any of the previous hands you reraised him with, did he?