Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Considerations in opening a 2nd acct (for my \"wife\") at a Party skin

Today, my wife opened a new acct at Empire (where I have long enjoyed playing w/ no 3rd party aggreements concerning my...overhead). My wife, however, does have an agreement with a 3rd party that makes her potential earnings about 25% greater than mine (coincidentally, we are equally skilled players). Therefore, it is very important not to upset the Empire through our close relationship. She would prefer not to open new checking and neteller accts to remove her winnings. So, Is there any problem with perpetually transferring money from her acct to my acct (for which there is a neteller exit)? Can anybody else with a "wife" or close "friend" comment on my strategy and point out any problems they anticipate? Thank you, from both of us.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Considerations in opening a 2nd acct (for my \"wife\") at a Party skin

You'd strongly be advised to help your wife overcome her trepiditation about opening a new NT and chequing account.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Considerations in opening a 2nd acct (for my \"wife\") at a Party skin

Damn, can you give more detail?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd strongly be advised to help your wife overcome her trepiditation about opening a new NT and chequing account

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Party pretty much axed all "overhead reduction methods" and would like to do the same on the skins. The skins have some leverage to prevent this, at the moment. However, Party has a fairly big stick and I would not be surprised if, when they start swinging said stick, the skins may make "concessions" of all the players who are blatantly abusing the ban on "overhead reduction".

Thus, the fewer red flags the better.

Set up one of those ING accounts. Somebody here may give you a referral ($25 deposit bonus I think). Just post in one of the numerous threads on ING that you need a referral and someone will PM you. If they haven't already.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:47 AM

What is "ING"?
[ QUOTE ]
Set up one of those ING accounts. Somebody here may give you a referral ($25 deposit bonus I think). Just post in one of the numerous threads on ING that you need a referral and someone will PM you. If they haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2005, 03:45 AM

One other thing: Your long-term expectation might be better if your "wife" was a real person and has no trouble finding her ID card and would not be too shy to answer the phone than if she was a virtual person or an inflatable doll or things like that.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Considerations in opening a 2nd acct (for my \"wife\") at a Party sk

Constantly transferring to and cashing out thru another account that plays off your own IP address would be a surefire of getting your accounts locked IMO.

You need to be cashing out legitimately thru the account you're playing on. An epassporte card in your own name would be ok as this method is anonymous, paypro would only know the username of the epassport account. Or, if you haven't already got a eurobet account in your name you could probably get an even better rate of overhead reduction there :P
Old 09-27-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Considerations in opening a 2nd acct (for my \"wife\") at a Party sk

My wife has an account with party. She funds it through her own account. She would be happy to talk to Party on the phone. There is nothing wrong with 2 people having an account at the same address, but it could look suspicous if you suddenly stop playing at one account and your wife suddenly starts playing 20k hands a month.

Ever considered eurobet?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 AM

I got a call the other day from multipoker asking if I also had an account at party, empire, eurobet, and pokernow. They also asked what my relationship to (wife's name) was. I told them all the accounts were mine, but my wife has her own account that she likes to play occassionally at party poker. They were cool with that. She has her own NT account and would be willing to talk to them if they asked. I occassionally will play on her account (during a bonus) but otherwise it's legit.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:35 AM

make sure your wife is available to talk on the phone at the numberyou give, b/c Party may call.