Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Could this be a fold?

Down to 4. Pays top 3 1st 2000 2nd 1200 3rd 750. The blinds are 4,000 / 8,000. Sb is chip leader with 50/m Sb has 11,500 I am on the button with 19,000.

I get AJs the sb has been calling a lot and getting great cards and I figure the the sb will go all in either now or the next hand. Can you make an argument that it's smarter to fold here? I feel this hand is too strong to fold but I can't help to think that I should let the chip leader do my dirty work for me (I know he will call) and not risk 4th if the he calls my all in.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Could this be a fold?

I am a little confused about some of the chip information. However, I would raise allin. It sounds like you have 19K, the small stack has 11K, and the leader has 50K. You don't have that much of a lead over the 4th play player. If you pass, he could double up and you would be in 4th. Making the money is significant here, but you also want to be playing to win.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Could this be a fold?

I did move all-in sb had Ak and the bb debated and folded a-2. I got lucky and caught a Jack and that launched me to a win. I feel I made the right call but if I fold my hand, which turned out to be a inferior hand the sb would have eliminated the bb.
It just got me thinking about survival.

Also what could you call with out of the BB with 2 in and you could move up by folding?