Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Home Poker Game Database

I want to start to accumulate a database of home poker games across the country, even around the world. I have no current plans to do anything with this information and will never disclose it in any fashion without your explicit approval.

If you want to let me know about your game please private message me with general info only -- city, typical stakes, frequency (weekly, monthly, etc.).

At some point in the future, and again, only with the consent of all involved, I hope to create an information sharing network regarding home games.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Home Poker Game Database

Hi,

Just wondering what purpose this will serve? I'm sure it could easily be done to be kept up to date automatically...but then how do you know peoples will tell you the truth say you were to start a sort of league?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Home Poker Game Database

A lofty goal, no doubt. I think you're going to run into problems, though.

Even assuming that people will freely share information regarding their legal (and illegal) home games with you, how are you going to make sure that information is accurate and up-to-date?

I assume you've visited homepokergames.com for a taste of what you're looking at and how hard it may be to separate the home games from the spam. I know that a good number of the "home" games that site lists for my area are illegal, for-profit operations. I also know of at least five weekly or semi-weekly honest-to-goodness home games within four blocks of my house, none of which are listed on any sort of Internet database.