Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 08-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Default 3X AQ in BB

Multi-table Live Sat Top 10% get WPT seat. 94 players

Hand 1) 9 Handed down to 26-27 players I have 10,000 and in the big blind 500-1000 with 50 ante.

Folded to button resonable player tight side about 15,000 raises 3,000. Sb 7,000 thinks and calls basic same read as button. I have AQh I push.

Hand 2) 9 Handed down to 18 players I have 18,000 low to med stack at both tables.I am in the big blind 1000-2000 with 100 ante.

mp 10,000 no read but everyone has tightened up down to 18 players hasn't played many hands. raises to 5500. I have AQoff I push again

Hand 3 6 Handed down to 13 players I have 17,000 and in the big blind 1500-3000 with 500 ante.

Folded to late po she has 9000 and she pushes I am in BB with AQH and call.

Results Hand 1 button folds KQd sb calls qjs I win I feel I played this correct. Comments

Hand 2 he calls shows Ak I lose (I just don't know how I should have played this one Help.

Hand 3 She shows A6c makes flush I loose and cripples me finish 11th. Nothing I could do right?

Any comments are appreciated thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 3X AQ in BB

Hand 1: if SB is reasonable and tight, as you say, then I am scared to death of him calling off 40% of his stack instead of raising all in. Perhaps the SB is planning a stop and go, or perhaps he has a monster. I would say that the chances he is doing a stop and go are pretty slim (since a person who is knowledgeable about the stop and go would also be worried about what the BB is going to do). So, barring that, I would only put a reasonable player on AK, or JJ - AA. That's as loose as I can get it. But maybe he's not reasonable. If you've been at the table a while and haven't seen loose play yet by the SB, I think I would fold.

Hand 2: That's a poor bet by the mp, no matter what he has. I think your AQ is good, but I also think he is going to call your push and you may be up against a smaller pocket pair. Given this piss-poor bet, I would put his range at AT - AQ, and 77 - QQ. This kind of guy would minraise a monster. I might try a stop and go here, on the chance that you are against a pocket pair.

Hand 3: Call.

NOTE: I just read the results, and I see that I am off on the first 2 hands. Good reason not to post the results when asking for advice.