Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Trapped or Making a Move.

5-5 10 players Live villian A rock and good solid sniper. Villian UTG+2 limps mp limps then soild player raises to 30 standard at this point Lp calls I call on the button with AQs other limpers call. 5 to flop for $160

Stacks are 700 and up villian has me covered.

Flop A 5 5 rainbow

Checked to me I bet $100 vilian calls all else fold

Turn K

UTG bets out $100. I rule out AK because I am 99% sure he would have rerasied pre-flop or on the flop. I am thinking right know we are splitting the pot and he is trying to move me off it. I call

River is a 5 he moves all in. Whats my play.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Trapped or Making a Move.

Call. A rock doesn't play a hand with a 5 in it pre-flop. A rock also doesn't call a bet with KK on the flop and would've probably raised pre-flop. IMO it's a split pot. I think you should've played back at him on the turn. It's definetly a split that he's trying to take the entire thing.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:23 PM

So tbach you put a rock on... Ax?

I just don't see it, AJ or better for the rock, maybe getting tricky with AA, AK. At best your splitting, if its me, I have patience i can wait.

Also if you are going to continue this hand after the rocks raise on the turn, I agree with tbach you, you have to reraise. Calling was a bad move!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:32 PM

I don't see AK because that's just not a hand I see rocks getting tricky with. However, trapping with aces is a possibility. If KH had re-raised, how would aces have played? Tried to get tricky and call or would he have re-re-raised thinking his pre-flop trickiness was enough? I honestly have no clue what the rock could have.
Let's see:
AQ-AK: No, I think that a rock would open UTG with these.
AA: Possibly, if he likes to get tricky sometimes.
SC and trying to make a move on you: Doubtful, although it's a slim possibily.
PP and trying to make a move on you: Doubtful, although again it's a possibility.

A raise would've given us more help as to guessing what he has.

My guess is that because you have shown that you don't really like your hand (no raising) that he is making a play at you.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see AK because that's just not a hand I see rocks getting tricky with. However, trapping with aces is a possibility. If KH had re-raised, how would aces have played? Tried to get tricky and call or would he have re-re-raised thinking his pre-flop trickiness was enough? I honestly have no clue what the rock could have.
Let's see:
AQ-AK: No, I think that a rock would open UTG with these.
AA: Possibly, if he likes to get tricky sometimes.
SC and trying to make a move on you: Doubtful, although it's a slim possibily.
PP and trying to make a move on you: Doubtful, although again it's a possibility.

A raise would've given us more help as to guessing what he has.

My guess is that because you have shown that you don't really like your hand (no raising) that he is making a play at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of the above.

I think his big mistake was simply the play on the turn ethier lay it down, or make a move of your own.

RESULTS?