Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Taxes make me angry...

I work very hard for my money and giving 35% of it away to other people really doesnt seem fair. I also dont live in the United States. So I am paying taxes to a country inwhich I dont reside and I benefit zero from giving them my money. They also have no clear plan to lower taxes since they keep starting wars and spending more then the budget. I dont support their wars, which is where all of the money seems to wind up (well actually the money goes to the companies providing the war, right?) For instance, one day in Iraq costs more then an entire education year for USA. So americans will remain ignorant and continue to need my money.

If I dont pay my taxes then i go to jail.

Now Republicans are supposed to be anti-tax, yet they keep spending money in buckets and giving contracts to the companies they used to run who overcharge the government millions of dollars, then go to court and it becomes sickly obvious that its crooked, and then walk away fine in the end??

i really dont want to be a citizen of any country. i dont see why its nessecary. if i want to eat food i pay someone for it. if i want to enter a country i pay for a visa. if i want to ride to point b from point a i pay someone. why do i ahve to be a ciitzen of anywhere?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Taxes make me angry...

There was one famous guy that renounced his citizenship and declared himself a citizen of the world. Wish I could remember who. Einstien? Erdos?

I'm sure others have done this. I doubt it would be easy.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:03 PM

cause you use roads and international treaties and stuff that precvents pirates from boarding you. Taxes suck, but you are using things the you don't produce or pay for whether you think so or not. I'd suggest renouncing your citizenship and applying for citizenship somewhere else that has a less tax heavy structure (i want to say you're in thialand or somewhere in south east asia, which i'd guess has fairly low taxes. Or apply for citizenship specifically somewhere that doesn't tax gambling, and you won't have to worry about high income taxes, as you income won't be considered "income". Maybe somewhere in Europe? i dunno.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There was one famous guy that renounced his citizenship and declared himself a citizen of the world. Wish I could remember who. Einstien? Erdos?

I'm sure others have done this. I doubt it would be easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

socrates did this. so did Emerson, but he doesnt count cus he got bailed out and got to live on his friends property.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:33 PM

You can create your own pontoon Island in international waters and be free to make your own laws and do what you want. I think there is a guy off the coast of Florida doing this.

If it is a really cool pontoon Island, bring babes and I will build one beside it. Then we will create a colony of anarcho-capitalist pontoon Islands focusing on pure hedonistic pleasure.

It might be better than making a movie.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:01 PM

'twas john nash. see avatar on left!

PS it didn't work. long story short, every other country was afraid he was a spy and wouldnt let him live there without a passport of any kind. almost convinced luxembourg, but it didn't take...
Old 11-18-2005, 10:41 PM

Ah, knew it was from one of those math bio's I'd read.

Thanks,
John
Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do i ahve to be a ciitzen of anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Government and politics almost seem like a big game to me. A bunch of mental captives, revered by the masses for whatever reason, tampering with people's lives at their own discretion. I am amazed that it has been over 200 years since the idea of popular sovereignty was introduced to Western civilization (with the exception of certain Greek societies), and yet nobody actually realizes/cares that they are not truly free under the system.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:20 PM

As I said in the other tax thread you started, you can always move to Brazil and live with one of the tribes in the rain forest. No taxes and lots of topless women. Taxes are just another form of rake and that's the only way to escape it.

Or maybe Ray Zee would let you live in the woods out back. You could do chores for the privilege of hunting and gathering your own food and using some of his trees to build a hut. Since he won't pay you any cash you won't actually owe taxes and will fall off the grid. And you can play him headsup no limit for acorns.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he won't pay you any cash you won't actually owe taxes ...

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds nice, but you are incorrect. (one of the neat little things we learn in law school...)