Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-28-2005, 11:55 AM

Default I have a Virus :mad:

It keeps me a lot of popups - most are adult personals in my area with pictures of ass-ugly women. Also, the pop-ups are 50% for spyware that costs money and is supposed to be able to eliminate the virus, which is funny because it also says the virus has full access to passwords, credit cards, etc., but you have to pay for the spyware with a credit card. When I ran virus scan on Norton's, it detected 2 threats and eliminated them, but the popups didn't go away, and my computer was still slow. Then I ran it two more times and each time one virus showed up and was eliminated. Finally, whe I ran Norton's nothing would come up, but the problem was still there. It doesn't affect the speed of poker software, but it affects everything else - aim, media player, internet browsers, etc. . . anyone else have this and what can i do about it?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: I have a Virus :mad:

Link 1
Link 2

If you plan ahead and install Windows on it's own partition, then in extreme cases as a last resort you can re-format that partition and reinstall Windows. You just have to then reinstall all your programs, which is a hassle.