Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: I have never run so bad....

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I completely understand how you feel. I think that the 2+2 game a week or two ago was my last real winning night. Since then, it's just been a long string of either making very good 2nd best hands wih redraws that don't come, or making best hands hat don't hold up.

Tonight, I decided to switch back to full-ring for a little bit while I tried to rethink my game. I limped in MP with JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and ther were a few other limpers including the maniacal small blind. Flop came KQ9, check/check/check, I pot it, SB makes a HUGE overbet check-raise, I call and KQ turn a K to kick my ass. If I had been in the same situation with KQ, I would've blanked on the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe..you made like..16 buyins, no?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM

Somehow reminds me of the last session I played, which abruptly ended when, in a 5 minutes span, QQQ got beat by 9999 and 888 got beat by 2222.

Crazy game.

edit: bad beats like that do tend to happen in "bunch" for some reason ..
Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch dude, that blows. Makes me feel a lot better, though. I am also frustrated that I am stuck on skins because I can't fund my party account and skins only has 2-3 tables going at any time and they all suck. I have to find a way to fund my stupid Party account. Hope things turn around for you, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Eurobet? Don't you have an account there? Mas games now that they are in the pokerroom network. Not sure how good but must be better then Multi/Empire/Inter.

FYI, on party funding. If you have a savings account you can hook that up through IGN, it doesn't have to be a checking account. Saves you the hastle of having to open up a new checking account or somehow trying to get your old neteller changed so you can use it on party.

This is what I did and it works ok. I'd be more then fine with it if my affiliate hadn't been one that got f'd and can't give RB. But now that I don't I wish I just had my old account back which I could use my neteller info on. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 PM

everyone here should read inside the poker mind
Old 12-17-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50K hands of up and down poker going on 2.5 months now. W00t. Ive tried everything. Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --> feel confident --> get stacked/sucked out on --> lose money --> lose confidence --> tilt --> take a break --> drop in stakes --> feel better --> start playing better --> feel confident --> get stacked --> rinse/repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get inside my head!? Only difference between your last 2.5 months and mine is that I almost joined cardrunners but never went through with it. Not that I wish this on anyone, but it sure is nice to see there's other people in the same boat.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:41 PM

So your sessions are like this as well? I am considering posting todays just to rant some more but not sure yet. Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone here should read inside the poker mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone think this book is so great? I have not read all of it but from what I did read (about half the book) I was not impressed.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:24 PM

Don't worry dude, it happens to everyone eventually

here's a little 4.5k downswing of mine recently. Same story, 1-outer (my first ever!), 2-outers, 3-outers etc.

Looking back on the hand histories it was mostly bad luck as far as I can tell. The key is to remember that you are a very good player, and there are many very bad players out there. Just keep on maximizing your EV.