Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-20-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
hmm that's interesting im the only one who knew what he had... i wish i played poker as well as i post.

it's typical weak tight behavior. he knows he's in a tough spot and he's hoping youll be weak tight like him and check the river because that's exactly what he plans to do, and exactly what he would do in your spot with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. mirage 20/40 players regulars. fun game if you rile them up tho.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I was seriously baffled and have thought about this hand way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would baffle me too, if there were two A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the deck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's typical weak tight behavior. he knows he's in a tough spot and he's hoping youll be weak tight like him and check the river because that's exactly what he plans to do, and exactly what he would do in your spot with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be weak-tight, but I don't think the guy's line is all that bad. He's got a hand that has to call all the way, and since he'll never move Dynasty off his hand (and vice versa), the guy lost the minimum.

Sparks
Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Mirage 20-40: What Do You Make of This Card Checking Tell?

The river is a blank. He'd have likely raised you on the turn if he had better. Bet the river. Maybe checking for a turned draw with A9 or better? Definitely seems to be checking his kicker though. He may have just been deciding here if he was going to go to showdown or not.

b