Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: I get to play against Phil Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The guy is taking time out of his life to come play in basically a home game for no money, show him a little respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt he's not getting something out of it....probably not $$ directly, but certainly free promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, but I still think my larger point is relevant. Phil is going to get promotional cashe wherever he goes, because that's Phil. If I was to meet him though, I'd try to learn a thing or two, deluded as some of his thoughts might be.

Rick Diesel, I'll admit your comment is pretty funny, I had forgotten about that clip of him with no shirt, classic.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:53 PM

Say "I once talked on the internet with some fossil guy, and later I read that he won more money in one day than you have in your whole life"

That will do it.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:03 PM

That would DEFINITELY do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Say "I once talked on the internet with some fossil guy, and later I read that he won more money in one day than you have in your whole life"

That will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot Phil has made 3.5 million at the WSOP of poker alone. I'm pretty sure he's managed to pull together in excess of 1.5 million spread across his other major tourny wins. Whats with the Phil haters?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:30 PM

Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
Whats with the Phil haters?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:34 PM

If you want to make it interesting with Phil, tell him you want to make a "last longer" bet with him for a bottle of Dom Perignon (supposedly all he'll drink - and it was flowing in Aruba from what I heard from a few people). You wouldn't be able to bet enough money to make it interesting to him, but I'd guess this would and he might play you more seriously.

If you win, he'll probably insist that you go out and drink it right then. If you lose, probably the same thing. Either way, you'll get a night on the town with Phil Hellmuth, he'll probably buy the next X bottles, and you get to ask him anything you want.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh.....Yeah
C'mon comparing him to Fossilman!! Just retarded. That's like comparing the Marlins to the Yankees.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:46 PM

You said "haters". I don't know if anyone here "hates" Phil, but he's an egomaniacal, whiney, obnoxious twit. I don't think anyone here thinks Phil can't play. That's a whole different issue.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh.....Yeah
C'mon comparing him to Fossilman!! Just retarded. That's like comparing the Marlins to the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said "haters". I don't know if anyone here "hates" Phil, but he's an egomaniacal, whiney, obnoxious twit. I don't think anyone here thinks Phil can't play. That's a whole different issue.

When I used the term "haters", it doesn't actually mean "hate". Kind of a slang term for people who are always bashing a person or even a group. Usually cause they would like to be in their shoes and are envious. This forum is full of Phil Haters.

but he's an egomaniacal, whiney, obnoxious twit
....so was Muhammed Ali.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 PM

I never said that I would not want to learn from the guy, because obviously he is an incredible player. I just want to be able to shot back at him if he is gives me a hard time, but like I said I doubt that he will do anything other than have a good time.

Oh and I would dominate Phil at drinking