Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Multi-Tabling

Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and I admire all the help that is given here. I hope this site can help me as much as it has for others. One thing that I can't yet grasp is how you guys are able to multitable so efficiently. I play mostly at Party's .5/1 and occasionally two-table. But I cannot see someone playing six or eight tables at levels much higher and still make profitable decisions. Anyways, thanks for all the help so far, and i hope my future posts have a little more substance to them than this one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Multi-Tabling

Just practice practice practice. Eventually many of your decisions become so automatic it becomes pretty easy. I sometimes have a lot of trouble NOT playing at least 2 tables because I start getting fancy in my boredom.

Also, tools like Poker Tracker combined with Player View or Gametime+ basically allow you to get all the reads you need on your opponents without taking up any of your effort. I can play just fine without them, but could I 4-table without them? Hmmm. I don't think I'd want to try that.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:45 PM

POV is dead on when it comes to multi-tabling.

I personally can't play more than four tables comfortably, but I suspect my screen resolution might have somthing to do with that.

I haven't used PV since it lost its freeware status, but using PT's advanced note export I'm still able to get most of the statistical reads I need. The only drawback is that it doesn't allow to keep realtime stats.

Learning to play without playerview has helped my game. I use the search functions on Party to scout games between hands and to keep track of the table averages of the tables I'm playing at. I also pop up a gametime window from within PT for quick "realtime" reads if I need them.

I am now no longer bored at the table.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:17 PM

There's a program called Fold'em (www.fold-em.com) which will make it easier for you to multitable.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a program called Fold'em (www.fold-em.com) which will make it easier for you to multitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the idea of passing out my MAC address to some random website. The terms and conditions are horrible and totally disadvantagous to the user. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if this software violates the terms of use of the poker sites is purportedly works on.

Try it if you must, but read the terms before doing so since you're going to be in for a nasty surprise potentially.

This can't be worthwhile. Three thumbs down.

Regards,

T
Old 05-14-2005, 04:18 PM

you get caught with that software and you are screwed AND they will keep whatever is in your account.

It's REAL close to being BOT like.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition