Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Default AK played bad once again

2-4 limit, 6max

Hero has AKo in cutoff. Everybody has limped in front of me I choose just to call because I am not getting anyone to fold and this table was chasing everything, so I wanted to not give correct odds. How off was I with this stragey?
6 to the flop
Flop 937
checked to 4position(villian), Hero raises, folded around to villian who three bets, Hero calls.
Turn A
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villain threebets, Hero calls.
River blank
Villian bets, Hero calls.

Lets hear how much I did wrong.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: AK played bad once again

[ QUOTE ]
2-4 limit, 6max

Hero has AKo in cutoff. Everybody has limped in front of me I choose just to call because I am not getting anyone to fold and this table was chasing everything, so I wanted to not give correct odds. How off was I with this stragey?
6 to the flop
Flop 937
checked to 4position(villian), Hero raises, folded around to villian who three bets, Hero calls.
Turn A
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villain threebets, Hero calls.
River blank
Villian bets, Hero calls.

Lets hear how much I did wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise preflop 100%. hand plays differently had this happened. incidentally I would raise KJ and KQ here, maybe KT (definitely KTs), QJs, AQ, AJ, AT, pocket pairs 88+.

bet or check flop, it's up to you. if it's bet before it comes to you, as it was here, I would just call but I think some people have a notion of raising to clean up outs or something. raise on turn is good and call down looks good too.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:43 PM

Raise preflop for value. How aggressive is the villain? He 3-bet you on the flop and led into you on the turn. If you knew he was fairly passive, just call the turn and river.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:43 PM

If they're chasing everything, what does it matter if the pot is small or not? Raise preflop, take the equity edge.

Pot size manipulation is when you're playing tougher opponenets who know how to fold. But id still raise this against anyone 100% of the time. Its too good a hand not too.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:45 PM

fold the flop. the pot isn't big (because you limped), a (absent more info) passive player led into you, you dont have very much showdown value and you don't have many outs
Old 10-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Why assume the player is passive without reads? I think folding here is a bad idea when the pot's this big. Raise to clean up ace outs/free card, yada yada. I think folding the turn is a viable option once he bets the turn, though.