Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

I received this e-mail, has anyone else gotten it? How to deal with it? I use pokertracker, playerview and pokeredge.

Dear xxxxxx,

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such program. Please note that PartyPoker.com's Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs and, in conjunction with our client, we request that you immediately stop using the program. In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account will be deemed forfeited. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,
Investigations Team for Poker
Alerts @ Partypoker.com
Partypoker.com

Edit/MH:

Also see other similar post.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Disturbing e-mail from partypoker

I got the same message. I was running PEdge and PTracker, but not PV or GT+. I don't think they were talking about iTunes...

I'll send them a confirmation email to ensure it's PEdge, and not PTracker, that's going to get ALL MY MONEY CONFISCATED. I won't be using PEdge again, though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 07-08-2005, 08:16 AM

i've seen a few of these emails posted. i love how specific they r with their claim. do ppl who follow-up on the email actualy get party to say what program they r talking about?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker,
First, let me apologize for potentially breaking the T&C. After this warning (my first), I'll definitely figure out which software you mean and stop using it. I would appreciate if you log this apology next to the Flag you've put on my account; I'm certainly trying to cooperate.

Can you be more specific in what you mean by "an unfair advantage"? In my emails to you in the past, I've understood that any program that controls my ACTIONS is illegal. I'm not using any of those. I have one program that reads the hand-histories and does record-keeping (Pokertracker). I have another program that displays those records (GT+ and PokerAce) which I haven't used for a week. I also have a program similar to GT+ and PokerAce, but is networked to other users, sharing data. I suspect this is the program you meant, but your Terms and your email were both vague enough to have me worry.

Thanks for your clarification. I would like to know what the rules are, so I can make sure I follow them.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 AM

Man your lickin their asses [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 09:00 AM

There is no way they are going to tell you what software is in violation of their TOS.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:02 AM

On the contrary, this is the specific information we all want and need--I appreciate him getting a clarification for us. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 AM

I don't understand this--how can we comply with their demands if we don't know specifically what they are?
Old 07-08-2005, 09:09 AM

Lets narrow it down, it's not PokerTracker.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets narrow it down, it's not PokerTracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the message too. To narrow it down, first, has any non PE user gotten the warning?