Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: MySpace Trip Report

Certainly long threads can be edited rather than deleted, if it seems worth the effort.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
Could we then delete the solo post in question without having to remove the entire thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's exactly what i did here. i only moved the thread into the mod forum after yako requested that it be deleted, but there was a decent time gap between those events.

the girl contacted him to let him know that somebody told her about the thread and she was pissed.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:54 AM

I don't mean to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, because most of you will be much more computer-au fait than me, but it occurs to me that if in future you don't mind threads like this without the innocent female (or male) becoming involved you should insist that the original poster does not link photos direct from myspace, but uses imageshack instead. This would stop all but the most persistent stalkers in their tracks.

In this particular case, when you right-click on the girl's photo, you get the link http://myspace-792.vo.llnwd.net/0032...25489792_l.jpg

If you then go to google/images and search for http://myspace-792.vo.llnwd.net you will probably be directed straight to her blog, after a short further hunt through the photos that show up.

(In fact, I couldn't find the blog after a cursory search, but that is likely to mean that she has taken the photo down because of this very risk, after being subjected to the hassle.)
Old 12-10-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, because most of you will be much more computer-au fait than me

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.