Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 08:32 PM

Default another method of posting picks

Hey all,

This is just a suggestion, but instead of posting everybody's picks for a specific day in one thread, why not do it like SSB.com and have one thread per person for the whole week? I think it would be easier to read. And make record keeping much easier for everybody. So, we would be able to have less threads, but also make it less confusing. But, just a suggestion.

craig
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: another method of posting picks

I did that and was encouraged to post with everyone else. I like the idea of a separate capping thread for each capper. I hope you get support.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

This is just a suggestion, but instead of posting everybody's picks for a specific day in one thread, why not do it like SSB.com and have one thread per person for the whole week? I think it would be easier to read. And make record keeping much easier for everybody. So, we would be able to have less threads, but also make it less confusing. But, just a suggestion.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like this presuming that there was a daily analysis thread, instead of having to read each thread for picks and analysis
Old 04-05-2005, 08:52 PM

I don't understand what you mean by "daily analysis" thread. Unless you are saying that you would want more than just a list of picks and records. Which is what I would want also.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:53 PM

What would you suggest for a guy that just wants to post a few picks or leans here and there for people to say "nice pick" or "this is stupid because...", instead of as recommendations or whatever? I wouldn't think that would be worth starting a weekly thread over...
Old 04-05-2005, 08:54 PM

Were you going to have a thread for the entire week? If so, I think this would be much less confusing than a daily thread every day. The current thread is so confusing. And not very enjoyable to read.

craig
Old 04-05-2005, 08:56 PM

If it is just going to be "here and there" it is not big deal. Plus, there won't be as many people posting in 1.5 months anyways.

But, I think the key to learning how to handicap is the person's analysis, not just their picks. Anybody can look good for a week.

craig
Old 04-05-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what you mean by "daily analysis" thread. Unless you are saying that you would want more than just a list of picks and records. Which is what I would want also.

[/ QUOTE ]

current setup - guy posts picks and thoughts in daily thread

new setup, guy has his own thread, posts picks

essentially, it's a question of reading each thread daily to find the reasoning, which may be annoying, or making a daily thread where people post the thoughts on the games they are taking.

Does this make sense?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:23 PM

i like the idea - i dont mind the daily threads so much with nba but with baseball it seems like there's the potential for a million threads, seems easier to just have one thread titled "MLB Picks week of 4/4" or something

this forum could benefit greatly from a 'suggested use' sticky and a smidge of moderation
Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 PM

Well there are negatives to each. But a positive is that you wouldn't have to read people you don't want to read with the setup I am suggesting (and stealing from SSB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Plus, I think it would elminate some of the "fluff posts" like: "you are gonna lose", etc....And would create a lot more order to the posts.