Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker\'s players club points

yes. i was going to mention this.

there was vip-club talk about a potential points-for-cash promotion on the horizon.

Not sure if it will also apply to those not in the VIP-club...nor do we officially know if/when this will take place.

but there's no huge need to spend your points on party-crap just because 'nothing else is worthwhile anyway'.

I'm saving my points and am hoping either for an I-Pod or something like that....or just cash.
No matter what the rate is...I'd probably prefer the cash over the current assortment of party-apparel (I'm just not interested in any of the online-poker site apparel).
Old 11-12-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.I'd probably prefer the cash over the current assortment of party-apparel (I'm just not interested in any of the online-poker site apparel).

[/ QUOTE ]

Too fancy to be a walking advertising board for a poker site, eh? Snob. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 11:03 PM

I guess.

I had no problem wearing the PokerStars gear at the WSOP though. They were nice enough to pay for the hotel room for 10 days if you wore their 'shwag' and I thought it was a great deal.

On the PPM cruise, 90% of the players qualifier via Party (the othrt 10% were direct buy-ins) but there was no obligation to wear their stuff.
I was amazed at how many people were wearing their party-poker stuff religiously. In the tournament, in the cash-games, at the bars, in the streets of the Mexican ports-of-call we visited....etc etc.

I looked like enough of a tourist as it was (carrying my GF's video-camera all over the place) and I didn't need the Party-clothing to make me look like even MORE of a dork.

My GF's mom thinks the Party and Stars stuff is really neat though.
So back in Lima, Peru right now there is a lady (and a couple of her cousins who she gave the stuff too as gifts) wearing various stuff from Party and Stars.

I don't wear golf-shirts typically. But my Dad does. So he has some of the shirts that I've gotten and likes to wear them.

I keep one or two for myself....and there are some that I still haven't even broken the wrapping on.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nor do we officially know if/when this will take place.

[/ QUOTE ]

My host said it would be available by the end of the month (although I'm taking the "believe it when I see it" approach). No clue if it will be open to everyone or just VIP's.

J