Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Default I am a drunk donk e

its like 2am and im wasted, and i decide to take my first shot at 400$nl. Normally i play 5 tables of 200$ and i was feelin saucy and opened up 5 400nl tables. anyway i made a terrible call and won the biggest hand of my life:
(No reads on any players cause im drunk and not paying attention)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$400) <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG checks, CO calls $4.00, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls $18.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $121.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises all-in ($522.50)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises all-in ($290.58)</font>.

Flop: ($990.08) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($990.08) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($990.08) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $990.08.

The limp raise was real scary, but he didnt call for a long time so a assumed he had QQ. However, it turned out he didn't call for a long time because he was typing "I have AA...GL bud" Anyway, my question is, is a limp raise ALWAYS AA or KK? in my experience it is about 90% of the time. Still, i find AK harder to laydown to a limp raise than a standard reraise.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: I am a drunk donk e

I think re-raising PF against a limp raiser with AKo is a bad decision, especially for your whole stack... just call with position and see what the flop is. But jeez, I can't imagine a great flop for that hand without being scared to put money in (unless it's AAK). If you hit a king, it's dangerous waters, and if you hit an Ace and he goes all in... you probably have to call, even if he has top set. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Then again, you can't fold since he might have AKs (i don't know if i've ever seen a limp raise with less than AA, KK, but this is SH, so who knows)
Old 12-01-2005, 07:56 PM

learn to dicipline your self and don't take shots drunk

just lay AK to any suspicipious preflop things vs unknowns, and you will be doing your BR a favor.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:58 PM

yeah i almost always lay down AK in a situation like this, but i was drunk and not thinking. also, i have seen ridiculous hands limp raise me, such as a suited A or people who dont know how to play 88-JJ will often limp/raise.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 PM

Nice river [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]