Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 AM

Default AK postflopp decission

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in mp stack 12K blinds 100/200 no ante yet, folded to me

Lp calls my raise of 4xbb his stack is 10K

This player has been loose, he would call with broadways os or s, with any pocket below 99, above hed reraise, I am pretty sure he would reraise with AK-T, he will also call alot with suited connectors, even high card-x suited. He is also very agressive

BB calls to, not any good read on him yet, but he has called with decent pot odds from blind more often then folded

Flopp A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 2/3 of pot, Lp goes all inn, bb folds

Ok Here is how I see it(dont think about why I made these percentages, just be ok with them)
10% pure bluff
12% flush draw, possibly with an A
12% set
Rest two pairs, one pair in braodway, one pair unimproved by flopp, gutshot, 1 pair with the A and weak kicker

Assuming though loose and agressive, but thinking-which hands would u put him on most likely and will u call?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: AK postflopp decission

I think a flush draw, probably with a pair or gutshot also is likely. Villain could have aces up and put you on AQ-AK and want to shut out flush draws. Villain could also have AK or AQ. Villain could have a set, but a lot of people would play a set slower.

A good player probably wouldn't call a raise with an ace weaker than AJ. A weaker ace is likely to flat call rather than push. What buyin? At lower buyin a weaker ace is likely, so call.

I would probably call, but it is close. You are even versus a strong flush draw, 3-2 ahead against a plain flush draw, even against AK, and down 5-1 against aces up. There is some chance of a weaker ace or a bluff, and you are getting some pot odds.

This is a somewhat dangerous situation, as someone could put you on AK-AQ and push with a big hand, expecting a call.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:37 PM

If your read on him pre-flop is accurate, the only hands you are behind are A4, J4, and 44, since he would re-raise AA/JJ/AJ. I seriously doubt J4, so are you really folding for fear of A4/44?

I would call this, especially given your read PF. This looks a lot like a semi-bluff with a flush draw + pr or flush + gut shot, or it could be a donk trying to give chips away.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM

I can't find a fold here. Sucks if the results end up bad.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 PM

You have a huge stack with low blinds. Is this the 2nd hour of a PS rebuy? If it is, I'd probably call, given the number of donks still in at this stage.

Plus, the chances of a weaker A or flush draw here are pretty high.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:04 PM

You'd have to break my fingers with a hammer to make me fold here.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:56 AM

If he's loose and aggressive I call in a heartbeat. I mostly expect to see Axh here. Some other random hands are possible too but more hands that you beat than that beat you.