Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: real men dont play hit or miss...

yeah, good point. i dont know what the action is like at 10/20-- if there is a lot of postflop action generally than it should swing preflop in the direction of a call.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
imo, calling>3betting>folding. but, after retrospect, im thinking 3betting might actually be better than calling. this is especially true if UTG has any chance of folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the preflop play the way it is. Great psoition and multi way. I am unsure about the 3 betting. I think you want 4 way action atleast with a small pocket or HU. The likely hood of getting it HU iI feel is slim considering most players who make the mistake of limping in early will again make the compounding mistake of calling most raises as well.

-D-
Old 10-25-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it was limped to him it is an easy call because he has to make up half as many bets postflop. also, to me, 77 is in a different class of hands than 55. it is easier to have an overpair to anothers pair, to not get counterfieted, a
'good' flop doesn't necessarily have to give people straight draws, that sort of stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

as soon as i posted i realized that included non-coldcalling hands. unfortunately my database is mostly shorthanded so i have very few instances where i coldcalled with hands 22-77. i have 17 instances ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) where i flopped a set once.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:19 AM

i really dont get this. you'd have to be psychic to be able to figure out when your 55 is good unimproved on all but the best possible boards, and your relative position regarding the action is going to be horrible because the maniac is the most likely person to be firing out on the flop. i mean check out the way this hand went down-- if your hand was good, then great, but i think if this is the sort of postflop play that is happening when you are playing little pairs 4 way unimproved then you gotta stop taking that crack and start dumping them preflop.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 AM

its 4:30 here and im beat-- forgive the tone in my posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 AM

55 is too weak to expect it to win unimproved very often 4 handed

even most draws are going to have 2 overcards against you most times
Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 AM

Once you get to the turn in this fashion, it becomes a raise IMO, since CO may have exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and you could possibly, just possibly, fold a better hand in the SB. Stranger things have happened.

I'm a fan of the river bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its 4:30 here and im beat-- forgive the tone in my posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I am very appreciative of your posts regardless of your tone--which doesn't seem disrespectful here at all to me.

Cartman
Old 10-25-2005, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you all the way. Hands like this are exactly why not to play small pairs in spots like this.

The blinds/poster are not always going to come along and sometimes you will be paying 3-bets. That said, 3 players in the pot before you is nice.

Krishan
Old 10-25-2005, 08:52 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
imo, calling>3betting>folding. but, after retrospect, im thinking 3betting might actually be better than calling. this is especially true if UTG has any chance of folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I think he probably does. also,t here's a poster and there's a very good chance he folds for 2 more but not 1. I think you got a 3-bet here vs a LAG