Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Top pair runs into resistance..

I might consider folding the turn here based on you read. The pot is not big enough to pay 2BB to see his AK or AA.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:48 PM

I don't know if it's your phrasing of the problem or what, but TT was my read on the turn when the straight card came and he led again. Either he doesn't respect you or he's got a monster.

I'd have probably folded PF. 60 hands isn't telling but it's hinting pretty well and KQs just isn't that great a hand to go to war with.

I like the flop raise. You're hoping he's on missed overs or a weaker pair but the 3-bet should tell you that you're on a dominated hand. I probably call and fold the turn UI.

Since you're still around, I have to think call down is your best option when the 9 falls. If you raise, a 3-bet will fold you out of the hand and you want try to catch your gutshot/kicker and showdown.

Q: If any of you 2+2ers are holding AA in MP against OP, are you leading the river? If the answer is no (mine would be), I think there is no hand OP can beat with trip kings. I don't think I can fold the river here, either, but I think it's correct if you can trust your 'read'.

---

[ QUOTE ]
Turned out he had 10-10- does that knowledge about his handrange impack next time you face a raise from him- not a total rock so loosen u a little- but only a little?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this holding so profoundly deviant that you alter your play? I don't think this changes a thing. Maybe he liked the table's texture and expects a good TAG like you to fold?

Personally, I can't find any fault with his play of TT here. First in MP, TT is always a raise (and often a PF 3-bet).
Old 10-06-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might consider folding the turn here based on you read. The pot is not big enough to pay 2BB to see his AK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. The only plays I agree with are the flop raise and the turn call.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is a mouse, then why not respect his raise and fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I considered it, but 2 factors- on I thought that I could be ahead of him on a number of hands, and 2 I tend (perhaps wrongly) to beleive that I can outplay people like this on the flop, especially on lowish or scary boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

Let's say this mouse's range is AA-TT, AKs-AJs, and AK-AQ. There are 54 combinations of these hands. You're way behind AA-QQ (18 total combos) and will likely loose a lot when you hit here. You're a small dog with JJ-TT (12 combos), and unlikely to make too much when you hit. You're way behind AKs, AQs, AK, and AQ (20 combos) and again likely to lose quite a bit when you hit. AJs (4 combos) and again probably won't make much when you hit.

If you want to expand the mouse's range, what hands are you ahead of? KJs-KTs, QJs-QTs, 99?? There aren't many, and even these are pushing it with regards to likelihood.

Calling would be fine if there are a couple other players in the pot, but this is a really terrible spot to be in head's up. You're not ahead of him most of the time (if ever), and you're not going to outplay him nearly often enough to make the hand profitable.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is a mouse, then why not respect his raise and fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I considered it, but 2 factors- on I thought that I could be ahead of him on a number of hands, and 2 I tend (perhaps wrongly) to beleive that I can outplay people like this on the flop, especially on lowish or scary boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

Let's say this mouse's range is AA-TT, AKs-AJs, and AK-AQ.

Calling would be fine if there are a couple other players in the pot, but this is a really terrible spot to be in head's up. You're not ahead of him most of the time (if ever), and you're not going to outplay him nearly often enough to make the hand profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:03 PM

Don't raise the river. You clearly thought you were behind his range on the flop and the river only really put you ahead of aces.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:04 PM

*grunch*

Fold PF; otherwise, NH.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:11 PM

Use position to your advantage. When he bets the river after the top card pairs, the odds go down that he has AA since that 2nd king is a vary bad card the way it went down. Even if he would bet the river with all of his hands, you are behind 7 (AK/TT), ahead of 6 (AA) and chopping with 3 other KQ's. Since your aren't even 50% against his range, you can't raise the river if you knew that AA would payoff here.

Brad