Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Full HH in a tourney I butchered. Help with minraises?

[ QUOTE ]
I liked the preflop play in this pot, I think anyone considering folding here needs shooting and anyone who raises more often than they call needs to look at their game somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love juicy comments like this one, because I admit that I would raise with JJ here 99% of the time. I always want to improve my game, and I love hearing about a potential leak in my game(cause then I can fix it).

I play the 30+3 SnGs and I would think limping would invite a few more limpers for the ride. Hands including pairs, and broadway cards that a lot wouldnt play with just a small raise from UTG. If I dont hit my set then I think things lok grim(depending on how many see the flop with me)

If I raise (generaly 3x the BB) then I am potentially HU with a number of hands, and unless its one of the blinds, then I have to act first. If there is only 1 over card and I still have the lead then I feel I can safely make a stab at the pot. If I do hit my set there is less dangerous draws out there.

I can understand that I am probably wrong, but please help me out here with a few more reasons. I do limp here with 99 but I probably draw the line at TT where I limp and sometimes raise.

JJ is such a tough hand to play sometimes for me.