Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Default 1/2 stud hi game on Stars - too aggressive?

Kept betting all the way, alas was rivered. I don't think any of the bets were bad as I kept pressuring my opponent, but should I have eased off the gas on 6th or 7th streets? I wasn't too worried with the queen as he didn't raise on third.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

Seat 1: $12.35
Seat 2: $7.70
Seat 3: $18.30
Seat 4: $43.60
Seat 5: $33.90
Hero: $22.75
Seat 7: $17.10

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.10 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (9.10 BB)

Results:
Total pot $18.20 | Rake $0.75

Seat 4: [Js 3c Qc Ts 3h 8d Jh] (two pair, Jacks and Threes)

Hero: [Td Tc Kh 9h 5s 2d 2h] (two pair, Tens and Deuces)
Old 12-30-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: 1/2 stud hi game on Stars - too aggressive?

Looks fine to me.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:42 AM

I don' think that you were rivered.It doesn't make sense that he would have started off with J,3 in the hole.He must have had J,J.You said you weren't worried about him having Q's,but some players will limp with a hand like this to see what the K will do.It looks to me like this is what he did with the J's.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don' think that you were rivered.It doesn't make sense that he would have started off with J,3 in the hole.He must have had J,J.You said you weren't worried about him having Q's,but some players will limp with a hand like this to see what the K will do.It looks to me like this is what he did with the J's.

[/ QUOTE ]

He posted the results in standard PStars order, which means he did have jack 3 in the hole.

Yuck.

You played it fine.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Yeah, but even if the jacks were in the hole it would be hard to see them if there was no raising going on. C'est la vie.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:18 PM

You're representing K's and get called 3rd thru 5th by a Q high showing. When you don't improve by 5th it is probably best to check/call on 6th and 7th. Your opponent's board is weak and most of your cards are live. I don't see how you can get away from this hand when you catch 2 pair on 7th.

JMO - Knoll
Old 12-30-2005, 05:41 PM

When I sais that I suspectedJJin the hole,I didn't mean to infer that the hand was played poorly,because it wasn't.I probably would have slowed down on either 6th or 7th,myself,although I think betting all the way is just as good.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:29 PM

Please stop these posts, or he'll never come back.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:"Please stop these posts or he'll never come back."

WTF??
Old 12-31-2005, 10:01 AM

To paraphrase those great thinkers at Monty Python: "I think it's people like Beer what causes unrest."

Let me be clear. I think some of Beer's recent comments have been hilarious. Also, who could possibly argue with the following statements:

Hip Hip for Beer.
Long Live Beer.
Beer is great.