Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 AM

Default TT in SB

CO is one of the biggest lags I've seen in some time. He is really spewwing chips. Button is CC almost every one of his raises, and the BB is very lag as well. I know that check-calling the entire way is pretty weak, but I'm not sure it's not optimal against this type of opposition in terrible positon.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: TT in SB

3 bet PF, barring that CR the flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:12 AM

I think it's a pretty easy PF 3-bet, even at a readless table. It's even easier here, with the reads you have. From there, the hand plays differently.

The way you played it, I'd c/r the flop and go from there. This is a relatively good flop for you. You may be behind a split pair of Qs, but CO has a wide range, BB has any two, and BTN obviously missed entirely.

-Brian
Old 12-20-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Results

Thanks for the advice. I know that I should have 3-bet preflop. I just get a little gunshy against maniacs OOP. FWIW, CO had 49s and MHING. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:40 AM

I 3 bet pf, then lead the flop, if raised chk call turn and river.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:19 AM

After 3betting pf the rest of the hand is different. However, as you played it c/r a protected pot seems nice since button has junk it sounds like. And then, of course, get 'er done.