Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Party Poker November VIP Payments

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Jones told me in an email that it should be up within a month...I'm just praying for any reason to leave Party and their laughable VIP fiasco behind. WHile he didn't share details, he implied that it would be something like Party's VIP program (but run competently), which would provide high-volume players with cash-equivalent incentives based on their volume of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is true.

I can't even get a reply from Party about my VIP payment. Wasn't one of the benefits of the VIP program better customer support?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:23 PM

Just got paid today, got me a pocket full of change.

I sent them an email on Tuesday asking about my 'raked hands' VIP November agreement, and got the standard reply:

[ QUOTE ]
"Thank you for contacting us.

I have passed your e-mail onto our Bonus investigations department who will review this for you. They will contact you within the next couple of days."

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not received an email reply yet, but logged into my PP account this morning and both my "VIP Bonus November", and my "Party points cash promotion" were paid in the amounts I was expecting.

In my case they had offered me $470 for 22K raked hands and they paid me $350 for ~17K raked hands, so they pro-rated it correctly.

For the "Thanksgiving, giving thanks" popup I had met the first target, but "that was enough" so I didn't make the second target, and I was paid accordingly.

I've been told nothing yet about December.

So overall I would say that I am satisfied with Party's incentives in October and November. The VIP and popups have resulted in them paying me ~17% of my MGR. (Then again, I never had a 32% Eurobet deal either)

I also thought the Halloween spooky ticket promo was very lucrative for those who were able to take advantage of it. Unfortunately I mostly missed the boat on that one and only got $30.

My two main gripes with the Party VIP at this point are the lack of communication and the uncertainty.

I would be happy if I could just 'know' that Party would continue to give me a similar incentive for similar levels of play (increasing slighty as I slowly move up in limits).
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 PM

I was also paid today. I agree that it is the uncertainty that is annoying. If there was a consistent and reliable deal I could make a desicion and go with it. Right now I don't know what to do. I don't want to play in the entire month of december only to discover that I only get a bonus for the 15th to 31th or something like that.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 PM

This is what Party told me on December 4th when I asked them about my VIP payment:

[ QUOTE ]
...as you were part of the raked hands promotion that ran from the start of the month you will be paid pro rata , on the percentage of the target you achieved, This will be paid on the 5th of November, but for next month on the Player Club Points Promotion it will be all or nothing, but the targets will be achievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the November 5th date was obviously a typo, they meant December 5th. I just received payment today. So 3 days later than they promised, no problem.

Here's the problem: my target was 11,200 RH and I played 8400 raked hands. That's about 75% of the target.

The bonus they quoted me for 11,200 raked hands was $190.00 of which they paid me $100.00. That's less than 53% of the bonus.

Something does not add up, no?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM

I sent them my numbers and my expected payment amount in my email query, that may have helped. Perhaps a followup with your numbers will get you the added amount. I think I saw that this worked for some others in your situation.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...as you were part of the raked hands promotion that ran from the start of the month you will be paid pro rata , on the percentage of the target you achieved, This will be paid on the 5th of November, but for next month on the Player Club Points Promotion it will be all or nothing, but the targets will be achievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

This all or nothing crap is ridiculous.

If you've made the target, your VIP incentive to play more is zero.

If it's clear you're going to miss the target, your VIP incentive to play more is zero.

They should pay a fixed percentage, and escalate that percentage as volume goes up. Duh.

Does Party not see this? Or does their software suck so much that they can't do it? Or do they have to do something different from Unmentionable just to be perverse?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their email response to me:

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for contacting us.

We can confirm that your enquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate department.

You will receive a response within the next 24-48 hours. In the meantime should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are delighted to confirm that a PartyPoker.com VIP Club offer will be sent to you by pop up and email in the month of December.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know that I will get my December VIP offer in the actual month of December...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so today my Thanksgiving bonus shows up, and the rest of my VIP bonus. No email or phone call.

The VIP bonus is still $17 short. But F it.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:07 PM

pp ripped me off by 20%, but F them, im not gonna waste to much time with them.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:22 PM

I know a very very very little about the upcoming Stars program but I'm not supposed to talk about it. I will say that based on what I know it looks promising and makes more sense than Party's....but we'll have to wait and see the finished product to see how much value there is too it.

The big concern here is that the games already have a reputation of being a bit tougher. I haven't played ring-games there for ages so I don't know if this true any longer. I can't imagine the games are THAT bad.

It will be interesting to see if the games are worse/worthwhile if there are a bunch of award-chasers trying to get massive amounts of points for a WSOP entry or something
I think they will also have other prizes that will be enticing for players who don't have an extreme high-volume.

If there are plenty of prizes that even the fish are interested in trying to acquire then I think it's possible that this Stars VIP club might not make the games too much worse.

I too am hoping they get this right....and hope that the games are good enough to be worth playing on.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:07 AM

I seem to have been the lucky one in all this. Yesterday I got the Thankgiving points-for-cash bonus paid out. Today I got the VIP bonus. I missed my target but they paid pro-rata; in fact just over pro-rata.

I got a personal email (from a personal address @iglobalmedia.com) telling me about the payment, and containing the following assurance:

[ QUOTE ]

A December offer should be out shortly, and the offer will take into account the fact it is the 9th and there is less time to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is good to hear.

Maybe they are getting their act together? Surely not! We can but hope.

Guy.