Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-28-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Sir, I can see your cards.

Hey Bob, i believe i was at your table. I was right next to you in the 8 seat table 29 15/30. i remember you saying that and it went down exactly as you said, about a half hour after you left he raised UTG with TT which i saw totally incidently from the 8 seat and when i mentioned it to him (after the hand of course) he acted like he didnt care. I dont think you are in any wrong at all. (BTW nice hit in that game and i wish you wouldve taken the $50 rental charge for your MP3 player so i wouldnbt have to listen to Kid Poker's babble till he went bust. lol
Old 09-28-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob, i believe i was at your table. I was right next to you in the 8 seat table 29 15/30. i remember you saying that and it went down exactly as you said, about a half hour after you left he raised UTG with TT which i saw totally incidently from the 8 seat and when i mentioned it to him (after the hand of course) he acted like he didnt care. I dont think you are in any wrong at all. (BTW nice hit in that game and i wish you wouldve taken the $50 rental charge for your MP3 player so i wouldnbt have to listen to Kid Poker's babble till he went bust. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that guy is a prick. as far as the ipod, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hand. my thoughts on the ipod here.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:14 PM

no, but the karma thing is a little weird.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but i now give him "dick" status and make a point to look at his cards whenever i can. am i naughty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Intentionally trying to look at his cards (that's how I interpreted "I make it a point to look at his cards whenever I can") is a pretty obvious form of cheating, in my opinion. I wouldn't be too upset about it if it was just him being affected (since you warned him about it and he did nothing) but it gives you information that the rest of the players at your table don't have.

-McGee
Old 09-28-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(BTW nice hit in that game and i wish you wouldve taken the $50 rental charge for your MP3 player so i wouldnbt have to listen to Kid Poker's babble till he went bust. lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Not I?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:16 PM

Just share that information with everyone else then.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(BTW nice hit in that game and i wish you wouldve taken the $50 rental charge for your MP3 player so i wouldnbt have to listen to Kid Poker's babble till he went bust. lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Not I?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, there is another kid poker. i believe you may have a legitimate beef with him.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just share that information with everyone else then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Announcing your opponent's hand to the entire table every hand is a pretty good way to get banned from a cardroom, I'd imagine.

Sometimes, there's nothing you can do about getting information the rest of the table doesn't have; two guys at your end of the table might be talking about what they folded when the flop comes, etc. But deliberately seeking out that information in a way that violates the intent, if not the actual letter (and I'm not sure that it doesn't violate the letter because I haven't read them) of the rules of the game.

-McGee
Old 09-28-2005, 05:43 PM

I think the "standard rule" is to politly/friendly tell the person once. If they are an ass about it, and/or continue to flash cards, I'd take it as an invitation to take their money.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:48 PM

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not I?

no, there is another kid poker. i believe you may have a legitimate beef with him.

nah just annoys the [censored] out of me, amazing he dont catch flies in his mouth as much as he talks and i donmt like how he berades other players at the table. and anyone who introduces themselves by saying "hi im kid poker, im a professional poker player" well enough said lol