Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 06-10-2005, 10:04 AM

Default NETeller \"service\" fee for failed wire transfer

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to get some money out of my NETeller account and mailed them about wiring my money. They told me that it was no problem and they would do this for a fee of $12.75 (I have a bank account in Sweden). They called me up and I gave them my account info.

After a couple of days the withdrawal and $12.75 was missing from my NETeller account. Two days later, my withdrawal amount was back in NETeller, and an additional charge of $20.95 had been deducted from my account. I had received no information on what was going on.

After several attempts to get in touch with them, I was told to contact memberwire and they could help me out once the weekend was over.

They have now told me that my bank has declined the transfer and that NETeller therefore has withdrawn a $20.95 "service charge". After some bitching I got my $12.75 back, but that's it.

I have requested info from NETeller on what account they tried to deposit money into, but have received no such info. It has been over a week now since the original attempt to transfer money.

A couple of questions to fellow 2+2:ers:

1. Have you ever had something similar happen to you?
2. Any ideas on how to get my money out of NETeller? If I can't get information on why the original wire transfer failed I'm reluctant to start another one and get charged with $20.95 again...