Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: PokerStars sent my money to the great beyond

[ QUOTE ]
Well, keep this thread alive, and eventually we'll probably get Lee Jones to respond. Usually he's pretty fair about these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm holding out hope with PS. It seems like I've exhausted my options with the "standard" PS support. However, I think they have transfered my issue to a different dept. So it looks like my $155 still has a pulse, its just a bit weak.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Accepting a transfer to a closed account and not offering a realistic way for the player to get it back are their fault

[/ QUOTE ]

The transfer should have been denied because the account is no longer active. By Firepay accepting the transfer, there should be some way to reopen the account. This is 100% Firepay's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firepay accounts have an experation date. I think the exp date on my "new" account was around 8-10 years after I signed up.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 PM

wasn't there a warning by stars when you started the withdrawl that it would be credited to that account?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 PM

If the FP acct is inactive, then I'm surprised that it didn't just reject PS's transfer and dump the $ back in your acct. There seems to be a major flaw here somewhere. Wonder if it's also exists for neteller.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wasn't there a warning by stars when you started the withdrawl that it would be credited to that account?

[/ QUOTE ]

There may have been. I'm not sure. Even if there was I wouldn't have read it in detail I would have just assumed any firepay account that it was sending money to would be the one I used recently.

Also, so what if there was a warning. How do I get my money out in that case. Cancel the cashout and ???? Talk to support?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 PM

We had a similar problem with a player several months ago, which ultimately gave us a kick up the rear end to implement a more informative cash out screen so that you can see where your money is going to be sent "before" confirming the transaction.

For instance it may say:

$155 will be sent to FirePay 6****4321
$345 will be sent to FirePay 6****1234

At the bottom directly above the submit button the text says:

"If any of the accounts above have been cancelled or expired please press [cancel] and contact support".

Now I do feel bad for you that your money is in limbo atm, but at this juncture *we/PokerStars* are not to blame. If you had emailed us we would have blocked the account and re-routed your cash out as required.

That said, we will try and help you as best we can with this situation, and so long as your FirePay account is in good standing with FirePay you will get your money back -- it just may take some time.

If you want to PM me your Stars UserID I will take a look for you in the morning, and see what I can do to help... like I said though, if your FP account was not in good standing, please don't waste my time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All the best,

Rom
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*we/PokerStars* are not to blame

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gains anything by discussing blame.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 PM

His point in assigning blame is that there is nothing further that PS can/will do. The issue is with Firepay.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*we/PokerStars* are not to blame

[/ QUOTE ]

No one gains anything by discussing blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, PM your username like he asked, perhaps things will get done.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Default RESULTS (GOOD)

PS got my money back into my PS account.

So now I will attempt to have the old FP account closed permanetly before I cashout the MIA money. PS says I don't have to worry about having money sent there anymore, but what could it hurt to wait a bit.

All in all the emails with PS support were all well written and clear. They made good on all "I'll write you back" promises. What was nice was that at the end of each email there was a plan of action ie "I'll write you back when I hear from FP support" or "You should contact FP support, let us know if you need anything"

The issue was solved in 3 days.