Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: KJs gets capped preflop and flops OESD

[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise KJs in MP3 pre-flop. No, you should not fold when it comes back to you pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? You have an excellent hand KJ suited against a poster, the button, and the blinds and you advocate not raising this hand? Only a dope would limp in this position.

I like your bet on the flop. As people have pointed out there is the chance that you will get 3 bet. At this point I'll take my chance. This is a big pot, and I want to maximize my chance to take it down. I do not think check calling is good here. I'll call a raise if it comes back to me. I check call the turn and river. I think you played it well.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:01 PM

Preflop is fine. Flop bet sucks. You barely have equity, and I'd much rather let the other players keep the initiative until my draw comes in.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-17-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Crunch. You should of folded preflop. Your hand is just to susceptable and you have to cold-call to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you're agreeing with? I think folding pre-flop is horrible.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:21 AM

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Interesting to note the wide range of recommendations.

What I took with me from the discussion is this: Should I play this hand today I would not bet out the flop, otherwise I'd play it the same.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold this when it gets back to you preflop. KJs is just too weak to play here. Postflop play is fine, even though it looks like button has AK. This is why you should've folded preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is folding KJs when you have to call 2 bets cold horrible? You have a weak hand that's easily dominated. Plus, you have brutal reverse implied odds. If he's 3 betting with a hand like QQ, you won't win much if you hit a K, and if he has AK you'll be spewing the whole way.

Also, not to say that we shouldn't necessarily be questioning what he writes, but I vaguely recall reading in SSH that you should treat calling a reraise and a cap behind you the same way that you should have treat calling 2 bets cold if you haven't entered a pot.

PS: If you don't like my advice, you could at least have the decency to explain your reasoning so that we might both learn something instead of making some wiseass one liner.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:03 AM

Posts like this make you sound like a total dumbass.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:00 AM

preflop I don't think a call is terrible, but I think a fold might be better. it's very close. you have to greatly discount your pair value. and you don't get a lot of value from your draws three-way (also w/ good chance of one dropping on the flop).
Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 AM

Reverse implied odds are killer here my friend. 5.5-1 is good, but out of position with KJs I would fold.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't raise KJs in MP3 pre-flop. No, you should not fold when it comes back to you pre-flop.

Flop you check and 3-bet after CO bets and button calls.

Turn you bet and call a raise.

And river you check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh god that is just really bad. Really, really bad. If you can't open with KJs from MP3, what IS strong enough? Hell, read dependent I'm probably opening with as low as KJo, much less suited. KJo unfortunately not strong enough to play when it's two bets back to me but it's going to steal enough to be profitable from there. KJs, though, no debate about it. Open raise all day.

I love the play of this hand but I probably don't lead the flop given the aggression. The pot is too big to fold with TPWK but you don't have the equity to throw money around. Probably check/call all the way down if you don't hit an ace or a nine.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:12 AM

just to clarify: initial pf raise is def fine.