Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 04-21-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: How much does a good poker dealer make?

[ QUOTE ]
I deal at thunderbird in Norman,OK..

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your name? Do you ever deal limit? I've been out there twice and it seemed like the people playing for fun who were "gambling it up" at the 2/4 last Wednesday were tipping much more regularly than the rocks at my 3/6 table Friday. I've been pretty pleased with the dealers and other employees out there so far. Waitresses are a little slow, but they seemed to be more than a little overworked. Didn't bother me since I only had one pop in my 2 trips, but some of the other players were getting a little upset about having to wait so long for their beer.

Too bad I couldn't win a hand to save my life Friday [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I honestly think I went through 4 or 5 dealers without winning a single hand, despite a few good starting hands. Oh well. -$70 was a lot better than it could've been.

Look forward to playing there again. I'll probably try to get out there at least once a week (preferably more) until I move south for the summer.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, many of these players have worked in the service industries themselves at some point, so they tip good. What goes around comes around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely true, my father has lived the bar industry for the past 35 years as bartender, owner, and DJ. And, he is a great tipper.

Ever notice when you goto a restaurant with friends and the bill comes and you all decide to pay your "share" that if you drop down Thirty for your $18 share, there still doesn't come out enough for a good tip at the end.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:13 AM

I deal Limit and No-Limit... I'm Sarah.. the one that has a good time at the table..

Say hello when you come out again..